Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Head light !!!

62K views 83 replies 31 participants last post by  PugslyCat 
#1 ·
Can anyone update with any accessories or modification for the head light ???
I don't like the retro look and the head light cover spoils the look ,that's my personal opinion ...
So would like to know if there's option of customizing it :D

Regards:
Santosh

#8 ·
guess it comes down to where you are riding too. if you rarely are on the highway at speeds i guess not having the windscreen is not as big of a deal
I have a removable windscreen (windshield) on my Sportster and I agree.

The only time I really need it is for long road trips 'at speed' where I'd be worn out by the force of the wind after 6-10 hours in the saddle. A short trip is no big deal but after several days of riding 'at speed' the wind resistance of your body will slowly wear you out.

Then again maybe I just became a wimp in my old age as I never needed a windscreen when I was young. LOL

#9 ·
I put a windshield on my Street Rod. It detracts from the bike's appearance, yes, but the bike would not be comfortable to ride on the highway without it. Speeds above 70 mph become tiring without the windshield, while with it I can clip along at 90-100 mph painlessly (unless a Chippie is hiding on the side of the road). From where I live it is eighty miles of open desert to the next something with stores and street lights, so wind and weather protection is essential.

#11 ·
Cee Bailey makes very high quality windshields and they look good. They don't sell one specifically for the Street (give them time) but poke around their website and see what they make for Harleys to get an idea of what to expect. Cee Baileys bread and butter are aircraft canopies, and the materials and workmanship of his motorcycle products are up to aviation standards.

#14 ·
It's a little bit large, but not horrible looking. Tell you what, when you are looking at a 600 or 700 mile day in, um, variable weather a windshield like that looks like a beautiful thing. I long ago made my peace with the windshield on my Street Rod.

#16 ·
I'm a fan of the madstad shields, perhaps a bit unappealing but their function is supreme. Positive pressure system that has airflow on both sides of the shield which will carry the air clean up and over your head. Some aftermarket shields have a tendency to produce a jackhammer effect on your head!

#23 ·
This guy sells everything related to the XLCR. You can see the fairing is available, though not cheap. The windshield is separate. Look what a gas tank costs.

Swap Parts -- Iron Head Motors

Those Siamesed Dual exhaust systems? Look at the price. Back in 1980 I bought one for a 1980 Sportster. I took the original staggered dual kludge off. It is a much better exhaust than the staggered duals (and one of the reasons I challenge claims about staggered duals so vocally). More power everywhere, quieter, smoother and the bike was getting 65-70 mpg. That is the exhaust that should be on the V-Rod Muscle,or my R if I could get someone to make one for the V-Rod engine, heh, heh, heh.

The set I bought an owner had taken off a brand new bike to put staggered duals on it. D'oh. Another instance of brain dead Harley riders who are utterly blind to good engineering who willingly pay good money to reduce the performance of their bike because they are sofa king ignorant. I paid all of $45 for a brand new complete Siamesed Dual exhaust. Dealers had them collecting dust in the attic thanks to their backward clientele. Now look at the price. Kee-rist.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.