Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Shop Repair Manual now available in USA

29K views 42 replies 25 participants last post by  Edgar@street750 
#1 ·
I have been watching to see when the Street shop service manual came live for ordering.

The shop manual is now in stock and being delivered in the USA through the dealerships.

Part number for quick easy ordering is 99611-15.

#7 ·
I personally think the shop repair manual is a "must have". A very good investment. Much more detail than the owners manuals.

I get one for every vehicle I own, and they have all saved me problems and headaches many times over.
I completely agree, I own the shop manual on every machine I own. From tractors to chainsaws to motorbikes and trucks and cars.... makes mechanic better so ice cold beer can be enjoyed while wrenching, instead of being frustrated trying to figure out disassembly and reassembly.:D

Reactions: Sherri and autonut
#16 ·
I am also interested to purchase this repair manual . It will be specific to street 750 or other street models as well?

Thanks,
Devender Singh Brar
dsbrar16@yahoo.com
Sent from my iPhone
It covers both models.

OK if the Latus Harley won't do them from you I will order a stack and send the DHL or USPS International to you folks.

Reactions: autonut and Schakz
#20 ·
Bbally, does the Service Manual mention anywhere what the diameter of the fork tubes are? Are they cartridge damper forks or plane old damper rod forks? Also, does belt replacement require swingarm removal and, if so, how big a job is it? I don't see a removable frame section on the left like Buells have to facilitate belt changes. I wonder if you could withdraw the swingarm shaft from the right a bit, twist the belt 90 degrees and slide it through the gap between the frame and swingarm if necessary?

I am also curious if it will be easy to put a Sportster rear wheel on one of these things. I see the Street uses a 68 tooth rear pulley like Sportsters, and Harley pretty much uses only one bolt hole pattern for brake rotors, V-Rods being the sole exception naturally, so I am thinking it might not be such an engineering exercise to make a wheel swap as it was to put the XR-1200 rear wheel on my Street Rod. I think you can see where this is going, heh, heh, heh. What is your take?

#22 ·
We have seen one of the customized Streets with a VRSCDX male slider fork and triple clamps mounted to it. I would bet the Street uses the same steering head bearings every other Harley made since 1965 has used, but the length of the steering stem might be different. I know V-Rods have a different length steering stem than Sportsters. I found that out when I was toying with putting XR-1200R Big Piston Fork legs on my R. Different diameter stanchion tubes at the top ( the XR stanchion tubes neck down from 58 mm at the lower triple clamp to 56 mm at the top) and the length between the upper and lower triple clamps was different. Ended up being too hard to do and I went with a Race Tech Gold Valve and fork springs on the stock fork for now. Later on I might install some Ohlins adjustable dampers with fork caps that allow spring preload to be adjusted. Naturally they are quite expensive.

#25 ·
Thank you for providing the service manual part number.
I have ordered one today from our local dealer.
Is there a parts book number available as well?

Thanks in advance.
Drew

#26 ·
Thank you for providing the service manual part number.
I have ordered one today from our local dealer.
Is there a parts book number available as well?

Thanks in advance.
Drew
Parts manual just went live today.

99610-15A

Bbally

Reactions: Sherri
#27 ·
Awesome! Thank you.
I just called our local dealership, and put it on the list with the service manual. Should have by next Thursday. Hope to provide some fun news about the new Street in the near future. Stay tuned, and thanks again.

Drew

#39 ·
You can download the manuals from the above hyperlink, you will get some adware with the process. It was worth the hassle to get the manuals on PDF. Just cleaned out the adware with software when I was finished. I did this all on my iMac, it be easier to handle with Mac OS than PC based Windows.

#42 ·
Copy right you could likely down the road find yourself in trouble. Kind of stuff that does not bite you right away then few years down the road ouch. Your download records are forever. Move trash your computer ect they still know who you are and when you downloaded it. Is Stealing worth it ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.