Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

GPS for Street 750

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ManhattanHarley 
#1 ·
Alright guys I need some help here. I plan to purchase a GPS for the bike, but need some advice:

1) GPS recommendations: Motorcycle GPS v. Car GPS? TomTom v. Garmin v. Etc? I value battery life and ease of viewing while riding.

2) Mounts: Handlebar v. Magnetic Tank v. Non-magnetic Tank?

Any experiences from you OGs out there will be crucial in my decision making process! Thanks guys!

Jay

#2 ·
I have my iphone 5 mounted on the handlebar, and use a Senna in helmet headset with mic. The Senna has a bluetooth connection to the phone, so I can make and receive calls, listen to music, have bike to bike comms, and GPS with spoken directions and screen display of route, etc. I have a charging cable run from the battery tender plug right up to the phone.

#3 ·
I also mount my iPhone to my bars. I have an iPhone 6 in an extended battery case and use this mount It also holds my wife's iPhone 5, so it's very flexible. I have a Torc Bluetooth helmet to hear directions. I wouldn't recommend Torc though. It's great for hearing directions and music but if you plan to take calls or communicate with another helmet, it's almost useless. The audio microphone is terrible.

#5 ·
I also mount my iPhone to my bars. I have an iPhone 6 in an extended battery case and use this mount It also holds my wife's iPhone 5, so it's very flexible. I have a Torc Bluetooth helmet to hear directions. I wouldn't recommend Torc though. It's great for hearing directions and music but if you plan to take calls or communicate with another helmet, it's almost useless. The audio microphone is terrible.
Could you post a picture of the mount attached to the bars?

#4 ·
I use a Garmin Zumo 660 on my Road King. It came with all the mounting hardware and hard wires to the bike. I see no reason why it would no also work on the Street. Anyways I really like the functionality of it. Easy to see and it has bluetooth if you go with a head set. Worth taking a look at.

#7 ·
Here it is mounted to the bike. I hope you can see the bottom view of it, there is a nut to loosen and you can change the angle. I have mine setup to view in portrait, but you can rotate to landscape if you prefer. There is an Allen type bolt that you tighten the clamp on the bars with, so it's very secure. You can also see there are strips of rubber inside the clamp on the bar. They give you several that you can add or remove depending on the diameter of your bars.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.