LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 Old 03-20-2017, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
750 Street rod.

I am the proud new owner of a street rod. Bought it today I have been looking at bikes for about a year now and never really found anything I liked until this. I went to a dealer to see the street 750 and saw the street rod and fell in love. The wife really liked it to. So before someone else bought it I did.

I am not a very experienced rider and I do have my license but I plan to take it slow and get to know the bike before taking it our on a busy street.

IMAG1024.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10
Dave Novotny and SgtTDC like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 03-20-2017, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Nice! Congrats
post #3 of 31 Old 03-20-2017, 08:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Nicely done! Congratulations on your new bike! I believe you're the first member here who has a Street Rod.

Quote:
I am not a very experienced rider and I do have my license but I plan to take it slow and get to know the bike before taking it our on a busy street.
Very wise. The Streets have gobs of torque, and an errant flick of the wrist when in low gear could result in getting into a hairy situation pretty quickly. Definitely practice a lot of low-speed maneuvering in a parking lot or something until you're really experienced with the clutch and the low-gear torque. And, of course, if you haven't taken the MSF course, that's always a good thing for an inexperienced rider to do.

Welcome to the family!

post #4 of 31 Old 03-20-2017, 09:41 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Congrats and welcome! Beautiful bike. Take it easy on that thing. It seems like they just announced that model, you must be one of the first to get it.

2016 Street 750
post #5 of 31 Old 03-20-2017, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Yes I did take the safety course. I really wanted the street and I did not care for the street rod until I saw it in person and I fell in love. Once a sat on it I was sold.

Sent from my HTC 10
post #6 of 31 Old 03-20-2017, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Congrats on the new bike, and "Welcome to the forum, from SW Ontario"!

Where are you from?

I hate autocorrect. I always end up posting some thong I didn't Nintendo.

2015 XG750 Street - Denim Black
2010 Suzuki C50T
2007 Kawasaki KLXs (Sold in 2010)
post #7 of 31 Old 03-20-2017, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Congrats! Interested to hear your experience on it

USMC '79-'85 Sgt.
1st Mar Div, 1st FSSG Det A in the Stumps
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
PGR Rider

2016 FLTRXS
2015 XG 750
2003 VRSCA

1982 GS1100GK
post #8 of 31 Old 03-20-2017, 10:19 PM

Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Garage
This past Saturday, I asked a couple of dealerships to call or text me when they received the Street Rod. I was just contacted today by the House of Harley and they just received a Gray colored Street Rod just like the one you bought and to come by to see it. They were still prepping it so it couldn't be started or check out the speedometer. I sat on the bike while the sales guy held it in place. It felt great. They are going to put it on their dyno and check the performance. This dealership was also holding a concealed and carry class and there were about 50 people there but I digress. Anyway, IMHO this motorcycle should have been the first version of the Streets. I still like my 2015 and plan on keeping it for a good while.
post #9 of 31 Old 03-20-2017, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo750owner View Post
...Anyway, IMHO this motorcycle should have been the first version of the Streets. I still like my 2015 and plan on keeping it for a good while.
There are many things on this bike that I absolutely love, but it also has a few drawbacks that will put others (like me) onto a regular 750 Street.
1. You can't put saddlebags on it. My old 750 had fender mounting bolts that I could use with the Viking Quick Disconnects. Of course, people who buy this model probably will never use saddlebags, so I guess I'm one of the few...
2. Rear Rack - if no saddlebags, then how about a rear rack so I can use the tail/tunnel bag?
3. the Drag Bars. I loved the seating position on the Original 750, but I changed the bars twice. The first time I tried the drag bars, but I'm a SMURF so the reach wasn't for me, especially on long rides, so I found some solid alloy bars, original for a MX bike, that I really loved. Nice and wide, with just enough pull back so I could sit up straighter.

So, what do I love?
1. Engine changes - much better injection, higher compression, bigger cams, Arr Arr ARR. Tim Allen would love this.
2. Suspension - fore and aft, they did it right.
3. Brakes - Now, it'll stop on a dime and give you a nickel back.
4. Wheels - much better sizes, and now the owner can go for PR4's or other great tires. And both ends are radials.
5. Pipe - sounds more like a TBR now.
6. Seat - don't know how it will be on a road trip, but it looks more comfy.
7. Pegs - Mo Betta'

They got their Urban Warrior, now we need a version for the road. Hint -start with a Street Rod, and mount some pull backs, a little bigger tank, and a rear fender that can mount some bags and a rear carrier. I'll add a Madstad, or Memphis Batwing, and...Ta Da! Mid sized touring bike.

Can't wait to see the next Motorcycle.com shootout with the Suzi, Kawi, and Honda.
Solo750owner likes this.

2 Days Older Than Dirt
post #10 of 31 Old 03-20-2017, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
gorgeous bike!

I LOVE IT! keep the shiny side up!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page