Helmets: full face, open face half or modular? - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
View Poll Results: What type of helmet do you wear?
Full face 90 49.72%
Open face 31 17.13%
Half 15 8.29%
Modular 45 24.86%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 99 Old 11-22-2013, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Helmets: full face, open face half or modular?

Typically I would see most guys riding Harleys wearing half helmets, but i am just trying to figure out if this is true with you guys on here.
  • Full Face
  • Open face
  • Half
  • Modular

which ones do you guys wear and prefer?

I use to go half but after seeing some of the horrific photos I have gone with a full faced helmet and never gone back.

Ride Your Ride and Stay Alive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 99 Old 11-22-2013, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
I know it's said that "real harley riders" don't wear full face helmets, it's more of a sport bike rider thing. I'm not going to expect to see a lot of full face helmet votes here.
post #3 of 99 Old 11-25-2013, 04:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
I just go with the full face because I know that it is safest. I don't want to end up dead because I wanted to wear a helmet that looked cooler.

Harley riders usually don't wear helmets like that though. Maybe it will be different with Street 500 and 750 riders.
DaddyDevilKing likes this.

post #4 of 99 Old 11-26-2013, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Garage
Full face for me. I caught a junebug in the adams apple once, WHEW did that hurt! I thought I was going to suffocate. From then on I ride with a full face and always tilt my head down slighty to help protect my throat a little.
harleyhoonigan and HarleyVest like this.
post #5 of 99 Old 11-26-2013, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
Full face for me. I caught a junebug in the adams apple once, WHEW did that hurt! I thought I was going to suffocate. From then on I ride with a full face and always tilt my head down slighty to help protect my throat a little.
Better safe than sorry.

There's no way I would ride with a helmet like this:

even if it was a short distance ride.
SWDan likes this.
post #6 of 99 Old 11-26-2013, 12:51 PM

Garage
I will say IMO the "government" shouldn't be able to FORCE anyone to wear one. It's personal choice BUT, he who pays the bills get's to make the rules! Curious as to how this will end up with the Obamacare trainwreck we're just starting to see.
Epijay, Static07 and CorkyF like this.
post #7 of 99 Old 11-26-2013, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
I had a close call even with my full face with the visor up just to de fog. A lady pegged me right in the cheek. It freaked me out thinking it could have hit my eye. So I could just imagine how vulnerable you are with an open or half helmet. Better safe than sorry.

Ride Your Ride and Stay Alive.
post #8 of 99 Old 11-26-2013, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Whatever with this whole "freedom, nobody can force you to wear a helmet thing." We make people wear seat belts, which save many many lives each year. not wearing a helmet is simply a matter of wanting to look cool and that is not a good enough reason to warrant not wearing a helmet. Anyone who dies after not wearing a helmet and getting into a crash would wish they had worn one afterwards.
post #9 of 99 Old 11-26-2013, 04:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusef View Post
Whatever with this whole "freedom, nobody can force you to wear a helmet thing." We make people wear seat belts, which save many many lives each year. not wearing a helmet is simply a matter of wanting to look cool and that is not a good enough reason to warrant not wearing a helmet. Anyone who dies after not wearing a helmet and getting into a crash would wish they had worn one afterwards.
Begs the question, who is WE to decide the choices others choose to make in their lives. I don't believe "they" should be able to force us to wear seat belts either. Do helmet's and seatbelt's save lives, sure they do and I wear both at all times but who am I to dictate to another person to wear one if THEY choose not to? I just don't agree with the nanny state/cradle to grave/protect me from myself way of thinking. We've already given up way more than enough personal freedom for the false sense of safety/security.

My .02
post #10 of 99 Old 11-26-2013, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
I say its your own head.

So what you want with it.
AYEDEE and Hellbilly like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page