LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 166 Old 07-16-2015, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Best Slip-On Muffler?

Even non-Harley guys notice how horrid the stock exhaust is (my buddy on a Honda 250 laughed at me!). So of course I'm looking into getting a slip-on to hopefully remedy the "issue".

I'm looking at a few different ones and narrowed it down to the following:

Screamin' Eagle, Two Brothers, Vance & Hines, Bassani

Beings they are all so close in price, I'm not worried about price difference as a factor. Basically I want the one that sounds best and offers the best performance advantage (if any do).

The local H-D dealer said the Two Brothers sounded a lot better than the Screamin' Eagle, but I can't really find a good solid video of the TB exhaust.

I want a deep rumble, the genuine harley sound, but not obnoxiously loud (but of course loud enough to hear it going down the street )

Has anyone tried out the ones I've mentioned, what should I go with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 166 Old 07-16-2015, 02:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I have the two brothers pipe and it sounds great. The youtube videos don't do justice for the sound. I did recordings on my cell, before & after, that doesn't do justice either. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
post #3 of 166 Old 07-16-2015, 05:16 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekkdude View Post
I have the two brothers pipe and it sounds great. The youtube videos don't do justice for the sound. I did recordings on my cell, before & after, that doesn't do justice either. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Just heard of another one today after viewing a bunch of videos. Called a Speed Merchant. Its about half the price of the others I mentioned and sounds just as good if not better.

Curious if anyone knows about this one, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on it.
gvalum likes this.

post #4 of 166 Old 07-16-2015, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmsteel View Post
Just heard of another one today after viewing a bunch of videos. Called a Speed Merchant. Its about half the price of the others I mentioned and sounds just as good if not better.

Curious if anyone knows about this one, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on it.
Do look at the Vance and Hines i felt they sounded the best in my perspective
post #5 of 166 Old 07-16-2015, 11:15 AM
CadenzaForum.com Vendor

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Check out our Loose Cannon and Grand Prix Slip-Ons. Not only the best value available, but the best sounding (IMHO). We would put them up against any other product out there for sound, performance, style, quality...(regardless of price). You can see lots of reviews on them throughout this forum so dont just take my word for it.
Thanks!

FIREBRAND
714-632-1300
http://www.firebrandmotorcycle.com
post #6 of 166 Old 07-16-2015, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmsteel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekkdude View Post

I was looking at the speed merchant and the firebrand lose cannon. Ultimately I went with the first one I found available (both were constantly on back order). Ended up with the loose cannon. I like it, but the speed merchant still sounds great as well.
post #7 of 166 Old 07-16-2015, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesskelter View Post
I was looking at the speed merchant and the firebrand lose cannon. Ultimately I went with the first one I found available (both were constantly on back order). Ended up with the loose cannon. I like it, but the speed merchant still sounds great as well.
How was the Loose Cannon's loudness? I want a deep rumble and don't really want it that loud.
post #8 of 166 Old 07-16-2015, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
@Xmsteel'

If you are looking for the deepest, rumbling sound, look no further than Two Brothers. Be advised, however, if length is an issue TBR is probably the longest of the bunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i7zvnBldeQ
post #9 of 166 Old 07-16-2015, 02:22 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Go for the Firebrand and you won't regret it. Beats the competition hollow on all fronts.
cyborgcap likes this.
post #10 of 166 Old 07-16-2015, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Gotta second Ayedee, the Firebrand Loose Cannon sounds great. (here's mine https://youtu.be/c1oNfZ4xRsQ)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page