Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750 - View Single Post - news article about the recall
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 08-25-2015, 10:04 AM
CalgaryGuy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I noticed it right away as an "afterthought" how it just juts out like that. Just an annoyance in regards to the horn though. I've already fixed that by removing the stock horn and carefully placing a new motorcycle air horn on the bike so it's far louder and less visible.

I'm centrally annoyed about the brakes though as its either going to simply "not work", or HD will charge so much for the parts it's not worth it, when in reality, those parts (if compatible) should be sold with just enough to cover cost as there is nothing elective about safer braking, which my personal opinion is that it should have had better brakes from the get-go.

Every review out there basically complained about it, and the fact the next model year they turn around and put new rotors, new calipers, braided lines and reservoirs on the bike (basically redesign the entire braking system) tells me they heard loud and clear they had an issue.

Search Tags for this Page

Harley-Davidson Street Forum
hd street forum
hd street 750 forum
hd street 500 forum

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome