Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Loud exhaust

16K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  jackryan172 
#1 ·
If any of you are looking for a loud exhaust that still sounds really good and is cheap, check out the Chappall Customs exhaust from tuffside.com . The exhaust is made specifically for our bike. If you get the shorty ( which is what I got ) you will have to cut your exhaust hanger so it doesn't stick past the exhaust. Video clip hopefully coming soon.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
I'll try to get one tonight. Sounds amazing, really deep and raspy. Mine is the shorty which they recommend you cut part of the exhaust hanger so it doesn't stick past the exhaust. For this I ordered another hanger off eBay for $25 so I could keep my stock one. The part that was cut was then painted with gloss black enamel.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Right on.....I like the sound of the Speed Merchant exhaust but Fire Brand has the same sound and for $100.00 cheaper....I'm also going to check the local hot rod shops to see if they can make a custom split exhaust for me.....there's a video on youtube of some dude's bike with split exhaust on a 500...sounds really good....but it's from a custom shop in Australia.

#6 ·
Here's the air intake from a company over in Europe....I've been talking with Wimmer Custom Cycles in PA to see if they would start making these here in the US.....the current intakes out there are very generic and not many options....just hoping there would be a demand for them and Wimmer would make these on a regular basis....

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
Yeah...**** that....Wimmers Custom Cycle in PA is going to make me a custom one...for a **** of a lot cheaper...if Street owners will buy them...USA products...they would start selling on a regular basis...they just don't want to have to spend the time and money setting up their machines to make them and folks not buy them....the adapters can accommodate any Harley intake.....here's their standard 90

Attachments

#10 ·
He hasn't told me yet...this was in one of the email exchanges....

"If you’re willing to give us a little time I’m sure we can get one delivered to you for much less then what they are charging. Certainly appreciate customers like you who would rather support our economy then overseas. "

Reactions: UnaClocker
#11 ·
I'll let you know once he tells me.....another good thing....the one from Free Spirit looks like it's made out of plastic.....Wimmers' is all billet aluminum.....

#17 ·
I just picked up a Chappell customs slip on as well. The regular length, not the shorty. I agree completely, I would buy this one again in a heartbeat! Completely changes the bike! Definitely glad I opted for this over the speed merchant. Wrapped my pipes while I was at it too. Made for a nice project before a Sunday ride!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.