Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750 - View Single Post - I guess I will be first.
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 06-29-2016, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Al Jr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy I guess I will be first.

I am a new rider, bought a 750 (12 miles on the odo), finished the endorsement course- all no problem. I was practicing in the neighborhood to get used to shifting and stopping and starting. I was at a stop sign, no traffic, beautiful weather and somehow I lost control when I tried to go. I don't know what I did wrong but at least I steered it out of the way of the utility pole - barely but I did take out a mail box and a cable TV junction box. Now with 20 miles on the odo.

I scratched up the fairing, I bent my gear shift lever (and now it will only go into neutral if it is powered off), right front turn signal stalk is pulled out a bit, right hand control module twists freely, the exhaust pipe is dented a bit on the side facing the frame with a slight flat spot on the outside (noticeable only if you are looking) and of course my cool points were thrown about. As for injuries, aside from my ego, I have some very minor bruises.

Any advice, comments, or words of wisdom?

Last edited by Al Jr; 06-30-2016 at 01:01 AM.

Search Tags for this Page

Harley-Davidson Street Forum
hd street forum
hd street 750 forum
hd street 500 forum

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome