Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750 - View Single Post - I guess I will be first.
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 06-30-2016, 05:09 PM
MacGyverDXS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
This happened to my partner the first time he rode his 750 (the day after he finished his course). The XG750 is a sprightly little guy and requires a gentle touch on the throttle to start off. I've been riding since I was 8 and it took me by surprise a little the first time I got on my 750.

While my partner's bike was in the shop getting all the damage from his first attempt to ride fixed I suggested he take the course again to get more confident. He went to an actual Harley course and learned on a XG500 (the first course was with a generic school that had him on a Royal Enfield), long story short he came out of the second class a lot more prepared. I took him down to an abandoned street and let him practice for a couple weeks before we tried an actual ride around the neighborhood. He's now a great rider and we've done a few thousand miles worth of riding across the TX Hill Country.

Keep at it. Practice makes perfect. Don't let these little mishaps shake your confidence.

Search Tags for this Page

Harley-Davidson Street Forum
hd street forum
hd street 750 forum
hd street 500 forum

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome