Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750 - View Single Post - Second God **** Time
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 09-24-2016, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
bungletronics

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Second God **** Time

Well, I feel like an idiot. I just installed my Chappell Customs muffler and I went for a quick test ride. I live in a condo complex so there are these alleys before you get to the street. I drove out of my garage and then as I was making a left for the driveway I'm guessing the bike slipped on the leaves (very windy the last couple of days and the streets are covered by leaves) and I fell on my right side again along with the bike... again. The first time was my 3rd day of ownership.
The rear brake pedal is bent again but it seems to function. The throttle feels jiggly and loose and I scraped the brand new muffler pretty bad. Also damaged was more scrapes to the heat shield and brake lever and rear brake pedal arm.
Do I quit? are these falls a sign that I shouldn't be riding? I just don't know what to do. I'll probably take the bike to the dealer to get the throttle and brake checked out when I have some cash to pay for it. Until then I'm at a cross roads. I've only been riding for 3 months or so and I've already fallen twice, and in the same manner. It happened so fast I can't even recount exactly the reason aside from the leaves making the ground slippery. I just needed to vent about this. I am in pain and I am just down about it all. I love riding so much but now I fear that I'm not cut out for it. What do I do? I'm a ball of emotion right now over it all. Plus I am in a lot of pain.

Search Tags for this Page

Harley-Davidson Street Forum
hd street forum
hd street 750 forum
hd street 500 forum

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome