Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750 - View Single Post - Second God **** Time
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 09-24-2016, 10:46 PM
skeive

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Not sure what may have caused your drop, not that experienced myself as I just bought my first bike back in May. So I can only say a few things I do that seem to give me confidence in starting out.

When I first head out, I generally baby the **** out of the bike till I make it to a big road. I want the tires warm before I give it much throttle at all. So pulling out of my garage and drive way I am barely giving any throttle in turns, and often am sliding my motorcycle boots along the pavement just in case. Once I am on the road and pointed straight I will give it a little gas, but I do slow down more than normal when making the next two turns to get to the main road. I have to pull out into traffic at that point so I wait for a big gap. I pull slowly onto the road, and wait till I am pointed straight. At that point I gun it and drive my normal wreckless self.

Probably not the right way to do it, but I will say I haven't even been close to dumping it with this method (knock on wood).

I have ridden bicycles hard for decades, and basically I do the same thing on a bicycle. I have dumped my bicycle way too many times trying to peddle hard in a turn to start out.

Search Tags for this Page

Harley-Davidson Street Forum
hd street forum
hd street 750 forum
hd street 500 forum

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome