Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

RGU with hack

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  smitty901 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Trikes behave like sidecar rigs do in some ways. The Trike front end increases rake 6 degrees. Using the trike tubes brings the front end back where it should be as rake alone lowers it some.

If you look at the picture of just the bike you will see the rake increase. I have put 6,000 on the bike with the front end mods. it works great without the sidecar.
The sidecar has the added option ECC (electric camber control). That allows you to adjust camber on the go. Adapting to road condition on the move. Dropped it off this morning. They are doing a couple things I want done while it is in the shop.

#7 ·
Thank you, this was about a 9 month project. About 5 months from the time we though it might be a good idea, to research and figuring out how we wanted to do , when, and budget. Lot of good people had input pro's and con's of different approaches. We knew it had to be done right and not Short cuts. End of of last May was time to decide on the model , pictures were not good enough. We stopped in a Hannigan in Murry KY while on a ride. few hours of looking and question and we were sure the twin class was the right one. 4 months for the build and install. A lot different from when we did the hack on the 1996 Fb. From start to finish that was 3 weeks. That is the same car on the Street750 now. The Velorex setup was just under $4,000 to do and has served the need well. This Hannigan rig with a maintenance on the bike also came in at $14,487. Well worth the cost and journey .
My thanks to all at Hannigan and Mischler's HD / BMW. And the Other around the net with sidecar knowledge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.