Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

I have joined the Dark Side

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Young Will 
#1 ·
Hello all, just became the owner or a new 2018 XG750A Street Rod in Vivid black (with pipe). I have spent the last 40 years on bikes from Japan and the last 15 have been a selection of BMW. In my mature age I decided I still had another bike left in me so I decided to go Harley, one has to own at least one hogly before the ability to ride departs. I must say I am impressed with the new Revolution X engine and all the bike has to offer and no, its not a beemer but it was only 1/3 the price and has so much else to offer, I know I am going to enjoy this new experience. Goodness me, no fuel gauge even ha ha. I look forward to some ideas and tips from existing owners.

#6 ·
Welcome to the forum! With your experience you have learned that bikes come in different designs for a reason. As long as your ride is what the bike was designed for or can be modified for, you should be very happy with your new Street Rod.

#7 ·
Thanks fellers for your support and advice..... Yes, I have found a few little things that will take some bonding which will be fine. Mainly the rear brake pedal and I have spoken to HD dealer who has been scratching his head for a solution as he was unable to lower the pedal which sits to high requiring a total foot lift and a blind seek of the small pedal. I will find a solution I am sure. Apart from that the bike is a lot of fun to ride, very nimble, great torque and quick, quite good handling, good suspension, brakes and may I say, different !...... now that makes a pretty good package for my money. I may think about some bar risers, or short reach bars to ease my forward lean in the future. Really happy with my change in bikes, a good decision and we are just coming into the summer months here in Oz so good ride days are with me.

#9 ·
Gidday Rowle I like the look of your bars. Moto-X. Are they a HD option for the Street Rod or some other secondary supplier? They look like they sit higher than the original ? and appear to turn back closer to the rider making a more upright ride position... is this correct? Did you have to change any cables for installation?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.