Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Nashville, Indiana

7K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  firehawk 
#1 ·
Hubby and I went on a ride last Sunday to Nashville, Indiana.

I didn't get as many photos as I'd like....there were only the 2 of us....and we are more riders than photographers.... Brown County is known to riders around here. We saw alot of other bikes, ate some good food, and came home.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I like taking photos. But don't travel with a camera. These are all good ol' cell phone shots.

Sure sounds like you guys had a great time!
I love the photo's, especially this one;

That's my favorite too!

This is a really cute sign.

You guys could consider getting some kind of dash camera and recording your rides. Then you can go back through your footage to find some good stills.
I may consider this. I'm lazy and likely would never review it. Plus technology and I struggle to get along at times....

My sentiments exactly. That tree-lined road looks to be one I would like to travel upon.
I anxiously await more Autumn colors on this path!

#8 ·
I may consider this. I'm lazy and likely would never review it. Plus technology and I struggle to get along at times....
I think that you wouldn't have to review the whole thing. You'd probably be able to remember which parts of the trip you'd like to have shots of and you can just go back and look at those specific parts. Just something to consider.

#9 ·
Brown County is a beautiful area to ride in. I especially like taking 46 south out of Nashville toward Bloomington. Taking 45 out of Beanblossom to Bloomington is a great road IF you like curves.

The picture of the gravel road looks to be somewhere in Yellowwood Forest. Did you have one of those tasty rubin sandwiches at the Hob Nob in Nashville?

#10 ·
We took 135 most of the way.

I've been blessed with little to no sense of direction, so I just follow hubby's butt. I remember passing by bean blossom.

We have friends in a southern Indiana cruisers club that hit Bloomington and Martinsville areas frequently, but we are having trouble meeting up with scheduling conflicts...lol

I'm still pretty new to riding so hubby tries to be gentle on our routes.

As for eats, we ate at the brewery that I have the photo of the menu there. We had a friend recommend it to us. Hubby has a whole list of restraunts he wants to try in Nashville!

#13 ·
Two TOTALLY different places.:D Nashville, Indiana was (not so much anymore) a sleepy little town in south central Indiana known for it's artists,/artisans. All kinds of things are sold there and it was a nice place to just walk around and check out. The smells of all the different foods being cooked around town is nice too.

Sadly in the past 15-20 years it has become commercialized and has lost much of it's quaintness. During the fall it becomes next to impossible to find anywhere to park, it's wall to wall people, traffic backed up for miles, and just not real pleasant place to be. Any time other than fall it is nice to stroll around and eat some good food but it's not what it used to be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.