New member - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

 10Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 Old 07-31-2015, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mus1ceducator View Post
Welcome! I just got mine yesterday and I haven't been able to stay off of it. Enjoy!
Awesome stuff!
Any tips on things to look out for at handover? It's my first bike, no experience at all
thatwoulddo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 21 Old 07-31-2015, 12:28 PM
Junior Member
 
Mus1ceducator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Matthews, NC
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatwoulddo View Post
Awesome stuff!
Any tips on things to look out for at handover? It's my first bike, no experience at all
It's my first bike as well, so I wasn't quite sure what to look for either but I definitely looked over the bike just to make sure I didn't see disconnected wires or any cosmetic issues and the person that delivers it should be able to go over all the controls, where the dipstick and other parts of the bike are located as well as give you a little info on the maintenance schedule.
Mus1ceducator is offline  
post #13 of 21 Old 08-01-2015, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mus1ceducator View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatwoulddo View Post
Awesome stuff!
Any tips on things to look out for at handover? It's my first bike, no experience at all
It's my first bike as well, so I wasn't quite sure what to look for either but I definitely looked over the bike just to make sure I didn't see disconnected wires or any cosmetic issues and the person that delivers it should be able to go over all the controls, where the dipstick and other parts of the bike are located as well as give you a little info on the maintenance schedule.
Thank you! Was worried that I would miss anything.
thatwoulddo is offline  
 
post #14 of 21 Old 08-01-2015, 05:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome - I'm 20 years off the road - for my 500 on June 25th - it's awesome - it's the tail of winter here , just heading into Spring - so looking forward to more riding

Only beef is the sound, but in NZ our rules don't allow any modifications that improve performance - it's a power to weight ratio rule for "learners" - an audible bike is not a good enough safety reason apparently

Depending on your height a bar change may make the ride more comfortable, did for me as I'm 6ft

Mirror change is a mandatory change, but you have that covered

Can I also suggest a Dynajet PowerVision PV-2 for the guages - helps to know what revs and gear you are pulling

Suggestion is to warm it up for about 15
Mins also, makes the initial gear selection smoother

Enjoy the bike - it's awesome!!!


Ray
KiwiHOG is offline  
post #15 of 21 Old 08-01-2015, 07:31 PM
Member
 
Subike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
KiwiHOG
Hey Bro,
Where is your location here Down Under?
I'm in Blenheim, been riding most weekends its warm as here, and dry too.....
Lots of roads to travel over the next few months.
Already paid for the upcoming rallies..YeeHaa
Well, really, for you USA guys, we can ride all year around :-)
DocC3 and Rock270 like this.

Shafty Old Bugga
Subike is offline  
post #16 of 21 Old 08-01-2015, 11:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
The mighty Waikato mate - plenty of back country roads to cruise on - stay away from SH1 if I can - couple of mates have bigger bikes and we click up 100km rides one weekends - once I'm confident again, we will do the bigger trips

Good to see another kiwi on the group
Subike likes this.
KiwiHOG is offline  
post #17 of 21 Old 08-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
[QUOTE=thatwoulddo;124754]Thank you. It will be my first bike. I ordered vivid black. Change the mirror, headlight, and grips with matching pegs[/QUOTE

Congratulations!! Would you mind how much it costed for just the Motor cycle? I am planning to buy. From my research it looks like standard price. Let me know if the dealer gives any additional discounts.

Cheers,
sixthsense is offline  
post #18 of 21 Old 08-08-2015, 03:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 766
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiHOG View Post
Welcome - I'm 20 years off the road - for my 500 on June 25th - it's awesome - it's the tail of winter here , just heading into Spring - so looking forward to more riding

Only beef is the sound, but in NZ our rules don't allow any modifications that improve performance - it's a power to weight ratio rule for "learners" - an audible bike is not a good enough safety reason apparently

Depending on your height a bar change may make the ride more comfortable, did for me as I'm 6ft

Mirror change is a mandatory change, but you have that covered

Can I also suggest a Dynajet PowerVision PV-2 for the guages - helps to know what revs and gear you are pulling

Suggestion is to warm it up for about 15
Mins also, makes the initial gear selection smoother

Enjoy the bike - it's awesome!!!


Ray
as far as the quite sound, I first drilled 1/2" holes around the stock muffler's back plate, it helped but wasn't real loud, kind of a more throaty deeper sound.


I'm also going to go with full synthetic oil at my first oil change. I did this on all my other bikes and it seemed to also help in smoother shifting too.
Rock270 is offline  
post #19 of 21 Old 08-08-2015, 05:49 PM
Member
 
Subike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock270 View Post
as far as the quite sound, I first drilled 1/2" holes around the stock muffler's back plate, it helped but wasn't real loud, kind of a more throaty deeper sound..
How many holes did you drill?
Have you a pic of the holes we could see?
Did it effect the performance in any way?

Shafty Old Bugga
Subike is offline  
post #20 of 21 Old 08-08-2015, 06:25 PM
Member
 
DocC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Suburban Chicago
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subike View Post
KiwiHOG
Hey Bro,
Where is your location here Down Under?
I'm in Blenheim, been riding most weekends its warm as here, and dry too.....
Lots of roads to travel over the next few months.
Already paid for the upcoming rallies..YeeHaa
Well, really, for you USA guys, we can ride all year around :-)
And you have some great roads-very technical. You need to know how to ride curves. Spent just over two weeks touring your North and South Island last January. I would have loved to have been able to ride my Street on some of those roads, except for driving on the left thing you guys do. Caught your "warm as" comment. Our Kiwi friend had us watch all of the "Beached As" videos on You-Tube. Loved them and came home using the expression.
DocC3 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Member LuvMyTwins New Members Introduction 16 10-04-2015 10:05 AM
New Member LuvMyTwins New Members Introduction 5 05-21-2015 10:28 PM
New member Hardcane New Members Introduction 5 04-22-2015 06:31 PM
New member from CA ahok19 New Members Introduction 2 03-09-2015 12:59 PM
New member Johnny New Members Introduction 5 11-14-2013 06:06 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome