Has anyone preordered The street 500 in Australia? - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 43 Old 09-08-2014, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
I was at Sy's Harley Davidson in Campbelltown on the weekend. I mentioned the "available in red only" issue to one of the salesmen there.

He told me that he thought the bikes were only going to be available in black & that they had no 2015 HD colour charts yet.

It would seem that most of the dealers have not been given anything official from HD Australia yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 43 Old 09-08-2014, 06:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hopefully my dealers colour chart is wrong. I really want it in vivid black.
post #13 of 43 Old 09-08-2014, 11:35 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
judging from all the commentaries, I say that the dealers don't have idea was going on!
the waiting is killing me.

post #14 of 43 Old 09-10-2014, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Considering the lack of official information given to them from HD Australia, I've found the dealers to be as helpful as they can be.
post #15 of 43 Old 09-10-2014, 08:31 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
you guys ought to think yourself lucky , we cant get anyobdy to even talk about when its coming to the uk , extremely annoying .
post #16 of 43 Old 09-10-2014, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbull View Post
you guys ought to think yourself lucky , we cant get anyobdy to even talk about when its coming to the uk , extremely annoying .
have you already tried calling or emailing HD Global to see what they could provide you with?
post #17 of 43 Old 09-18-2014, 08:31 PM

Garage
post #18 of 43 Old 09-19-2014, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando View Post
I think that article has sunk a few hearts. Was hoping before christmas or early jan at the latest. It better come in well under 10k after all this waiting.
post #19 of 43 Old 09-22-2014, 08:01 PM

Garage
ok so i know I was a bit of a party pooper before with that article but i have something to cheer you up!
I have an email from my dealer this morning and I quote;
"Hey everyone, we are yet even closer to getting you on the NEW 2015 Harley Davidson Street 500. I can tell you this; we may have a display bike right here in our showroom by early December! This will give you the opportunity to finally throw your leg over one and see just exactly the bike you’ve placed an order on. I’ve seen one up close and personal at Harley Headquarters right here in Sydney and I must say, it will be a very popular bike in Australia.

In my earlier emails you would’ve read that the bike will be between $10,000 and $12,000, I’ve now heard the bike will be closer to the $10,000 mark! A LAM’s approved Harley for 10K, that’s pretty awesome. Get your orders in today!!! You don’t want to be waiting for months to get your bike. There’s still time to order your bike now and be on it for summer but don’t delay."

what about that?, a bit of good news there
post #20 of 43 Old 09-23-2014, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando View Post
ok so i know I was a bit of a party pooper before with that article but i have something to cheer you up!
I have an email from my dealer this morning and I quote;
"Hey everyone, we are yet even closer to getting you on the NEW 2015 Harley Davidson Street 500. I can tell you this; we may have a display bike right here in our showroom by early December! This will give you the opportunity to finally throw your leg over one and see just exactly the bike youíve placed an order on. Iíve seen one up close and personal at Harley Headquarters right here in Sydney and I must say, it will be a very popular bike in Australia.

In my earlier emails you wouldíve read that the bike will be between $10,000 and $12,000, Iíve now heard the bike will be closer to the $10,000 mark! A LAMís approved Harley for 10K, thatís pretty awesome. Get your orders in today!!! You donít want to be waiting for months to get your bike. Thereís still time to order your bike now and be on it for summer but donít delay."

what about that?, a bit of good news there
Better dude! Now let's hope they get one in my local store. Still find it hard to believe and a little worrying that i have committed to buying something i have not looked at in person. Scared its going to look like a 250cc compared to other Harley's!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page