Has anyone preordered The street 500 in Australia? - Page 3 - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 43 Old 09-23-2014, 11:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Agree, specially because HD is such an institution and an icon!!!
Anyway, i think will love it . though .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 43 Old 01-04-2015, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hi people, I have put a deposit down on a 500 with North Coast V twins in Coffs Harbour, I am 3rd in line and had 3 colours to choose from, I chose denim black. I live in Port Macquarie and we will have a harley dealership open here early February run by some of the team from V twins of Coffs. My bike will be getting a new paint job, same colour as my ve ute (wildfire) so the colour I get doesn't really bother me, safe riding all
Mick
Solo750owner likes this.
post #23 of 43 Old 01-04-2015, 10:27 PM

Garage
not sure if this is good or bad news , but i received this email from my dealership:

Hello everyone. It’s been a long wait but we are finally only about a month away from getting the Street 500 on our showroom floor! The bikes are due to arrive on Australian soil late January and our customers will be riding them in early to mid February. The price is still only $9,995 ride away which is an incredible price for a motorcycle that not only is LAMS approved, but wears the Harley badge. Three colours will be available in Australia. Vivid Black, Denim Black and Mysterious Red Sunglo.

The New Harley Davidson Street 500 Motorcycle Street Party is on at our dealership Saturday February 21st. This event is the official launch of the Street 500 and will showcase the bike, the ride and all the customizing that you can do on it.
Solo750owner likes this.

post #24 of 43 Old 01-05-2015, 06:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Why would that be bad news?
Not recieved my email yet
post #25 of 43 Old 01-05-2015, 05:35 PM

Garage
Well; if the dealer will be launching the bike by the 21 of February , not sure how much this will affect the delivery times... maybe will be delivery until the start of march!
maybe, I don't know
post #26 of 43 Old 01-06-2015, 01:11 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
I'm currently visiting Melbourne and will travel on to Adelaide, Uluru, Port Douglas and Sydney. My experience with the 500 was limited to my Riders Edge course and some practicing for the motorcycle test, but, based on my time in the Melbourne CBD the Street is a great choice. It is easy to maneuver and light enough to pull onto the sidewalks to take advantage of that allowed parking. It should have plenty of power for the for the urban area freeways I've traveled because the speed limits are a little lower than some those where I live in the States. It is certainly worth waiting to compare it to the sport bikes, Triumphs and Royal Enfields I see parked around the city.
post #27 of 43 Old 01-19-2015, 01:18 AM
Uss

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hello Boys & Girls, I am new to the forum....Just put in a deposit for a Red/Maroon (?) 500 at HH Melbourne about 10 days back. I am told the first lot is all booked so I should expect delivery early March....no date has been firmed yet....this will be my first Harley..
post #28 of 43 Old 01-19-2015, 05:01 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uss View Post
Hello Boys & Girls, I am new to the forum....Just put in a deposit for a Red/Maroon (?) 500 at HH Melbourne about 10 days back. I am told the first lot is all booked so I should expect delivery early March....no date has been firmed yet....this will be my first Harley..
Welcome to the club buddy. Hoping I'll have my bike within a few weeks. Been waiting for over 6 months now.
post #29 of 43 Old 01-20-2015, 03:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just saw this on the Perth HD Facebook page:

Perth Harley-Davidson will be hosting our very own Street Party to mark the launch of the new LAMS Approved Harley-Davidson Street 500 Motorcycle.
Starts from 9am till 1pm Saturday 21st February.
Check out the new range of genuine parts and accessories or take one for a ride. Enjoy our Riding Instructor Demonstrations while grabbing a bite to eat!
See it, Touch it, Ride it but don’t miss out!
post #30 of 43 Old 01-20-2015, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Got a call from Blacktown HD the other day to confirm the colour I wanted.

Based on that I guess the dealers are placing their initial orders.

Still haven't got round to buying a pair of boots...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page