Aftermarket mufflers Australia - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 06-30-2015, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Aftermarket mufflers Australia

Hi Guys,

Just ordered my XG500, and looking at an aftermarket muffler. has anyone purchased the 'Firebrand' muffler?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 06-30-2015, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadhlr View Post
Hi Guys,

Just ordered my XG500, and looking at an aftermarket muffler. has anyone purchased the 'Firebrand' muffler?

thanks
I just installed the loose cannon on my 750 and it sounds great. Huge difference over the stock muffler and a good price too. I can't speak for the other brands cuz haven't heard them in person but I am definitely satisfied w this pipe
Rock270 likes this.
post #3 of 22 Old 06-30-2015, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Hi Guys,

thanks
I have the Loose Cannon fitted since the last 8 months and it's great. The sound is superb. In my opinion it's much better than almost all other options not only because of the sound, the quality and also considering the price point.
tdcmoto and Rock270 like this.

post #4 of 22 Old 07-31-2015, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Just an update on the aftermarket muffler.

I decided to go with the firebrand muffler, screamin eagle air cleaner and the race tuner. Highly recommend for anyone sitting on the fence making the aftermarket change.
Rock270 likes this.
post #5 of 22 Old 08-08-2015, 12:19 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Does Harley sell Loose cannon ?? If not where can you get them fitted outside of harley service centres? And whats the cost you guys paid??

Cheers,
Ajay
post #6 of 22 Old 08-08-2015, 01:36 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Quote:
Hi Guys,

thanks
yes, I have the firebrand loose cannon with the db killer baffle.
not too loud, now. it was a bit too loud with out the baffle for me.

I paid $249 USD with free fast shipping! the db killer baffle cost $20 and $9 shipping. I wished I would have ordered them together and saved the shipping cost. but I am very satisfied with firebrand. it's very easy to put on yourself, didn't take more than about 15 min.

I love the sound and the price. has a great rumble to it with out being too obnoxious.
I highly recommend this muffler, with out any doubts at all!

Last edited by Rock270; 08-08-2015 at 01:41 AM.
post #7 of 22 Old 08-08-2015, 11:07 PM

Rock 270, Which website you used to import? I am in the process of getting through the loan and will be buying one soon. I am in a dilemma that should I get these mods from the HD when I get delivered or should I get it done outside?
Please advice.
post #8 of 22 Old 08-09-2015, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
Does Harley sell Loose cannon ?? If not where can you get them fitted outside of harley service centres? And whats the cost you guys paid??

Cheers,
Ajay
I paid around AU$1300 From harley here in perth for the muffler, race tuner and air cleaner fitted (also got a helmet included).

I assume you should be able to get the firebrand mufflers from most dealers now, after looking into the option I decided on the firebrand and I couldnt be happier
Rock270 and sixthsense like this.
post #9 of 22 Old 08-09-2015, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
Rock 270, Which website you used to import? I am in the process of getting through the loan and will be buying one soon. I am in a dilemma that should I get these mods from the HD when I get delivered or should I get it done outside?
Please advice.

sorry I cant help with that, but I live state side, in lousy-ana...lol

so I didn't deal with any importing, sorry if I misled anyone.
sixthsense likes this.
post #10 of 22 Old 08-10-2015, 01:21 AM

Quote:
I paid around AU$1300 From harley here in perth for the muffler, race tuner and air cleaner fitted (also got a helmet included).

I assume you should be able to get the firebrand mufflers from most dealers now, after looking into the option I decided on the firebrand and I couldnt be happier

Thanks Chdhlr!!
Much appreciated. I am waiting for my P's which I hopefully get it on 30th. Then go and book the bike here in Melbourne. I know some of the dealers are good. Don't want to pay more than the average price what any other dealer charge. They have quoted me the heat shields. Do we require that? They did show me Loose cannon and screaming eagle. Just got confused with the names. And the quote they gave me only has part numbers. . I will ring them to confirm. Which helmet did you end up buying? Bell or the Harley Davidson one?

Cheers,

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page