Flashing red light under left side cover - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

 4Likes
  • 1 Post By 10-64
  • 1 Post By CaiCardenas
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 11-04-2015, 05:07 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
CaiCardenas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Flashing red light under left side cover

While taking the seat off to remove the seat straps, I noticed a flashing red light just behind the left side cover. After removing the cover I could see it was some kind of connector. It's probably supposed to be flashing but I just wanted to check! Engine was off btw.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3113.JPG (223.0 KB, 38 views)

.
CaiCardenas is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 11-04-2015, 05:15 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Maine
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
That looks to be your plug for your Battery tender
Its a good think to have that plugged in if the bike is going to sit for long
You battery will last a lot longer if used

It is what it is.
jsa3107 is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 11-04-2015, 05:57 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
CaiCardenas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa3107 View Post
That looks to be your plug for your Battery tender
Its a good think to have that plugged in if the bike is going to sit for long
You battery will last a lot longer if used
Thanks for clarifying. Should I keep it plugged in even when I'm riding a lot?

.
CaiCardenas is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 Old 11-04-2015, 06:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 766
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaiCardenas View Post
Thanks for clarifying. Should I keep it plugged in even when I'm riding a lot?


if you ride often, then I'd say no.
if you store your bike for longer periods, then yes, I would.


my other bikes sits 99 % of the time, so it stays on a tender, the street I ride often so I do not use a tender at all, for now, but once the weather gets cold, then I will.
Rock270 is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 11-04-2015, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
CaiCardenas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock270 View Post
if you ride often, then I'd say no.
if you store your bike for longer periods, then yes, I would.


my other bikes sits 99 % of the time, so it stays on a tender, the street I ride often so I do not use a tender at all, for now, but once the weather gets cold, then I will.
Thanks so much for info. I ride most weekends and summer is coming, so I guess I'll unplug it for now.

.
CaiCardenas is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 11-05-2015, 02:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Fox River Penitentiary
Posts: 504
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Garage
Nice that your dealer installed it already for you! It's a pain getting to the battery just to add this "Battery Tender" plug.

As for the "Red flashing light" .......................the HD dealer here told me if I saw it "flashing" the battery needed to be charged soon. If the battery charge is "up" it won't flash!
Rock270 likes this.

I hate autocorrect. I always end up posting some thong I didn't Nintendo.

2015 XG750 Street - Denim Black (Sold)
2010 Suzuki C50T
2007 Kawasaki KLXs (Sold in 2010)
10-64 is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 11-05-2015, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
CaiCardenas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-64 View Post
Nice that your dealer installed it already for you! It's a pain getting to the battery just to add this "Battery Tender" plug.

As for the "Red flashing light" .......................the HD dealer here told me if I saw it "flashing" the battery needed to be charged soon. If the battery charge is "up" it won't flash!
Hmm ok, thanks for the info. I need to check in with the dealer as my coolant is suspiciously low, so I'll get them to check this as well.
10-64 likes this.

.
CaiCardenas is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
side covers Rock270 Off-topic Discussion 2 09-03-2015 08:44 PM
Fitting a Left Hand Cover Zoro Harley-Davidson 500 Street Tech 2 07-22-2015 07:10 PM
Side mount Tag tdcmoto Harley-Davidson Street Parts & Accessories 5 06-23-2015 08:53 AM
Red Line OldDawg Harley-Davidson Street General Discussion 3 08-13-2014 02:25 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome