LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 08-05-2016, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
kickstand failure

**** thing tried to fall over on me --get out of work, crank it up so she'll warm up for a minute, unlockin the cable from the fencepost to my luggage rack, and it creeps forward a little bit and tries to go down--- no no no you dont caught it with my knees grabbed it by the bars and said nope you are not goin down backpack fell off the seat with my .25 in it good thing it was well packed no fallouts just a little scare so tryin to make a long story short im lookin for the posts from the past or threads about the kickstand mods and the pulley disasters and the fuel pump recall i read acouple months ago but cant locate em thanks madmike street 500 355 miles

madmike norfolk va 2015 street 500, 2009 yamaha vino
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-05-2016, 03:27 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
so far i've noticed that if the bike is free to roll forward (not locked to the left) , it will undo the jiffy stand by itself. when i get enough funds, i plan to invest in the H-D center stand. unlike stateside, here in Philippines, a parked motorcycle isn't safe from bystander molestation nor the lot attendants playing parking tetris

2008 VRSCDA, locked in storage
2015 XG750 made in India
both Vivid Black
Honda Wave125 daily scooter
post #3 of 5 Old 08-05-2016, 04:44 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
I don't know where you parked. In the past, I have had the Asphalt (Summertime) soften. And the bike sank in. Or sometimes the Side Stand left holes in it.

2016 Hyundai Tucson SE Coliseum Grey AWD

2018 Custom 1200

post #4 of 5 Old 08-06-2016, 02:06 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
yeah i had it parked pointing away from the building, might be a slight incline for drainage that i couldnt see tell you what though, i dont think its a good idea to start it or leave it runnin without bein on the darn thing yep thanks

madmike norfolk va 2015 street 500, 2009 yamaha vino
post #5 of 5 Old 08-06-2016, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIMICHANGATIME View Post
so far i've noticed that if the bike is free to roll forward (not locked to the left) , it will undo the jiffy stand by itself. when i get enough funds, i plan to invest in the H-D center stand. unlike stateside, here in Philippines, a parked motorcycle isn't safe from bystander molestation nor the lot attendants playing parking tetris
I put the center stand on mine and I love it. I use it pretty much anytime the parking spot is mostly flat. It feels really stable on the CS. I don't really trust the center stand on slopes though so use the jiffy stand in those situations.
UnaClocker likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page