LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 10-08-2016, 06:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
"reach seat"

bolted up a new reach seat i got from the online store and i dont like it i like sittin lower so thats why i bought it its lower alright, but it sits me forward too much so now its constricting the package area the padding is reduced or compacted enough that im feelin all the irregularities in the road that i never had with the oem seat so im gonna put the original back on tried to get em online but i guess nobodies there this time of the night 480 miles, decel popped once , couple of metal chips, or shavings as some people call them seen in the inside of the exhaust pipe when i changed out the new muffler next bike is gonna be a khk
UnaClocker likes this.

madmike norfolk va 2015 street 500, 2009 yamaha vino
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-11-2016, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike View Post
bolted up a new reach seat i got from the online store and i dont like it i like sittin lower so thats why i bought it its lower alright, but it sits me forward too much so now its constricting the package area the padding is reduced or compacted enough that im feelin all the irregularities in the road that i never had with the oem seat so im gonna put the original back on tried to get em online but i guess nobodies there this time of the night 480 miles, decel popped once , couple of metal chips, or shavings as some people call them seen in the inside of the exhaust pipe when i changed out the new muffler next bike is gonna be a khk
Well, hence the name "Reach" seat, the "Tall boy" or the "Cafe Solo" seats, all serve a different purpose... Me being a shorter guy, 5'8" and 190 lbs, short, muscular and stocky with thighs of thunder is my middle name, my hand reach isn't the problem, it's always been foot placement and reach for my feet... Hard to follow exactly what you mean, but I have installed a reach seat (which I picked up a genuine one on eBay for $70) and I have nothing but praises for it, finally a seat that fits my body type and height... It only moves a 1.5" lower and 1.25" forward, but that is enough for me... The lower you are to the ground and center of gravity you will feel things more acutely and tine tuned... You lost me when you said decel popped once and shavings...

#1 Is this a genuine Harley Davidson Reach seat? (Part # 52000123)

#2 How tall are you?

#3 What exactly are the issues you are having with the seat itself compared to the original?

The tall boy seat, as one of my friends has on his 883, he is 6'1" so it suits him being taller obviously, so I can say its safe to say there is a height threshold as to who will benefit from each type of seat...

2001 Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja (RIP)
2016 Harley Davidson Street 750 (modded)

1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (10 sec baby)
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (High 12 tugboat)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page