Swap the TB/intake from a 750 into a 500 and crazy other thoughts - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 10-18-2016, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Cool Swap the TB/intake from a 750 into a 500 and crazy other thoughts

Hey gang, new to the group, not to Harley.

I recently bought a Street 500 form a guy who wanted to upgrade to a bigger bike but the stealership wouldn't give him a decent trade-in price. I love to tinker my thought was if the 750 has a 38mm throttle body, can it be mounted in place of the stock 34mm on my 500. It looks like a complete used 750 setup can be had on Ebay for a reasonable price. Do you think it would bolt up and run? Add a tuner and free flowing filter/exhaust maybe? Has anyone tried it? My thought is the the extra 4mm shouldn't be "too big" but enough that the butt dyno could feel more pull on the top end. Might be worth some bragging rights.

Second thought. They share the breaks with some of the Sportsters. Do you suppose the big 4 piston Dyna calipers would fit? The front breaks are a bit weak for my taste. Had also thought of trying Double-H pads to up the grip level. Any thoughts on these ideas?

For the record I know this bike isn't meant to be a racing rocket but a city bike. As my ex will tell you I completely ignore the law of diminishing returns. I like to tinker and mod everything. I'd like the bike to have a little better highway feel for better passing and quicker breaking. Crazy bolt-ons would just be bragging rights.

Thank you,

Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-18-2016, 06:04 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
You will loose some Low End Torque. The engine will run with less Vacuum at Idle. May run lean?? High RPM is where you'll see any gain. If any.

2019 Hyundai Kona SE Surf Blue

2018 Custom 1200 Black Tempest

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page