LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-24-2016, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
back brake sticking

why is my back brake sticking? it stays down, then sometimes it'll pop back up to regular position. i checked it, and it doesn't have any braking power. what happened?

second question- on my scooter, i know where the spring is to tighten or loosen the back brakes. is that the same on the 500 Street? could that be the issue?

I never get my notices that someone posted on here. I can't figure out how to set it to email me, when someone posts. If there's a delay, I apologize.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Greg Martin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-24-2016, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
The Rear Brake Pedal stays down?? Sounds like a Bad Master cylinder. Is yours still under Warranty??

You have to Post a response. Using the Advanced link. Scroll down. There is a drop down tab with Options. Instant, Daily.

2016 Hyundai Tucson SE Coliseum Grey AWD

2018 Custom 1200

Last edited by Tucsonmax1; 11-24-2016 at 08:04 PM.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-26-2016, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Air in the system, bore end seal sticking, fluid level, a few different problems... But I must say yes, if it is under warranty, get it checked out... Brakes, tires, oil, etc, consumables like that generally aren't covered unless you have a extended total warranty... If it stays down do you have braking power then? Or does it pop back up with no pedal and then power? A little more details are needed for a full diagnosis...

2001 Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja (RIP)
2016 Harley Davidson Street 750 (modded)

1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (10 sec baby)
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (High 12 tugboat)

post #4 of 4 Old 03-28-2017, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I hope you got this fixed, while I may have a 750, as far as I can tell it is the same system. I had to rebuild mine in February, and was not impressed as it was only 13 months old at that point. I did also change out the pads for better aftermarket I found online. I went to a few dealers here in south west florida and received the same reaction of it was working just fine when they tested it. Either rebuild with aftermarket parts or replace it all together. Don't get me wrong, I love the street bikes as a whole but this is one of the things I wasn't happy with, that and the fuel pump -_-.

"St Barbara of the Artillery Corp - Be at the bursting of the doors of doom, And in the dark deliver us"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page