LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-12-2017, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs down engine light now stays on

it's been raining a ton. i thought it might be the monsoon that caused the engine light to pop on and now stay on once i'm riding, since it's outside.

i've had weird stuff happen like a neutral light that wouldn't come on when i needed it. i just had the clutch cable replaced again.

any idea of what it could be? possibly the electronics from the rain? my back wheel is still making annoying water-soaked noises.

Greg Martin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-12-2017, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregamart View Post
it's been raining a ton. i thought it might be the monsoon that caused the engine light to pop on and now stay on once i'm riding, since it's outside.

i've had weird stuff happen like a neutral light that wouldn't come on when i needed it. i just had the clutch cable replaced again.

any idea of what it could be? possibly the electronics from the rain? my back wheel is still making annoying water-soaked noises.
FWIW, my neutral light wouldn't work once the engine was running (though I could shift into neutral just fine), then the check engine light came on and stayed on during a single 18 mile ride...turned out to be a bad speed sensor that was replaced under warranty. I was doubtful that a speed sensor could be responsible for the problem with the neutral light, but sho'nuff, all is operating properly now!

Last edited by WildBlue; 06-13-2017 at 07:19 AM.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-12-2017, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
If its under Warranty, Take it to the Dealer. If Not, Find a Shop with a Scan Tool or FP3 that can be plugged in to the Diagnostic Connector. Hard to Diagnose without the Code(Reason Light is on).

2016 Hyundai Tucson SE Coliseum Grey AWD

2018 Custom 1200

post #4 of 4 Old 06-24-2017, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thanks

Okay. Will do. Thank you.

Greg Martin

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version