Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Fp3 autotune issues

13K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Solo750owner 
#1 ·
Has anyone else had issues with the fp3 auto tune function not populating any cells I've tried 2 different tunes. I have the k&n intake and the screaming eagle broomstick muffler with no disks. I tried the tune for aftermarket exh with and without baffle both with the high flow intake.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I agree with Tucsonmax1. V&H are great when you need help. That being said, it usually has to do with getting the bike up to temperature. If you're not riding long or far enough, that could be the problem. If you are riding long and far, there is a setting in the fp3 for the minimum autotune temperature. As I recall it is set to 140 degrees, but can be changed. V&H can take you right to the setting and get you on your way.

#6 ·
Just before I was going to call them I found the problem. When you go for the easy auto tune it is set to start auto tune when the bike hits 195°F. With the cooler weather here where I am my bike is lucky to hit 180 in traffic lol so I had to go into advanced settings and turned the start temp down to 145 and bingo auto tune worked like a charm

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Thanks, I figured it out. Set the start engine temp at 160 F. With cooler temps here in Wisconsin, I was never going to get to 195 F. After about 70 miles, I flashed the module. One thing I have noticed is that after I start my bike up first time with out door temps in the low 60's or lower. The throttle sputters when I rev the motor after a couple of minutes of idling. It's not until the bike temp motor reaches about 160 that the throttle response is smooth and precise. Since I'm a newbie when it comes to the Fuel Pack 3, I'm guessing that I need to run autotune a lot longer before I finish up and flash the module. Yesterday was most likely my last ride for the year unless we have another 70 degree Clear skies Saturday next week in SE Wisconsin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.