User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-11-2018, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy Engine Light

Engine light remains on during entire ride. Called dealership (which is out of state) and they said it was a classroom training bike, and they removed the "tip sensor" before I took possession, which is now causing the error code to light up the engine light. I've googled everything, trying to find out how to access the error codes. Using the trip reset button etc. doesn't seem to work on the Street 500, is that correct? I can't drive this all the way into a local dealership....primarily because I'm such a new rider I'm not ready to ride that far on my own, and second, if that isnt' the cause, I could damage the engine. Help? No clue what to do.
Cass
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-11-2018, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, can you just order a new sensor and install? My bike was a trainer also but I know for sure the tip sensor works, lol. To get the codes you'll need to purchase a scanner. I have one for autos but have yet to get one for the bike (different connectors). They're super handy and can save you LOADS of cash if you're a DIY'er. Or perhaps you could locate a local indy shop and have them help you out?

Best of luck
post #3 of 3 Old 05-12-2018, 06:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
There are Options for a Code Reader. V&H Code READ is around $100 I think. Just came out. I have one of these, https://www.motorcyclescanner.com/co...ostics-adapter
Also, A V&H FP3 can be used as a Code Reader. They Lock to a VIN. So it cant be used to Flash another bike.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page