LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-18-2018, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
back brakes sticking

why are my back brakes sticking? i stop at a light, take my foot off, and it then releases abruptly. is it the 100 degree heat? are my brake pads gone or something?

Greg Martin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-18-2018, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hi my rear brakes were sticking on my old street 750 when I was riding about 70mph it felt like the bike had just lost all power I would have to pull over and let the disc and pads cool down before the bike would move again I was lucky enough to get the bike to my local dealer and got it sorted under warranty!! It needed a whole new rear brake from disc,pads,calliper and even the fluid reservoir the bike only had 2500miles on!!! The weird thing is when I upgraded my bike to the street rod it happened again around the same mileage hope you get sorted
post #3 of 7 Old 07-18-2018, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
I would remove the Caliper. And Grease the Sliders. And the ears of the Pads. The Grease dries out over time. And Heat from the exhaust.

2019 Hyundai Kona SE Surf Blue

2018 Custom 1200 Black Tempest

post #4 of 7 Old 07-19-2018, 07:19 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Garage
How about spraying the whole assembly with brake cleaner spray. You may have a bunch of dirt/grime build up.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-20-2018, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
i've tried that before on my motorcycle or on a scooter. i think my bike. i thought it was a great idea. i used it for squeaking. well, it did make it difficult to stop. maybe i won't use so much. i'll give it a whirl. i think that's my best bet for now.

Greg Martin
post #6 of 7 Old 08-14-2018, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I have to echo Rossco, my brake caliper and master cylinder failed, twice.. When I put my forward controls on, I ended up getting my third set off a 500 instead of a 750, same caliper setup. Anyway, I haven't had a problem since. The first set had the habit of locking up, the second set had internal leaks that couldn't be fixed, as they are sealed . I'm not a fan of the brakes on this bike but this new set has been good for a year now.

"St Barbara of the Artillery Corp - Be at the bursting of the doors of doom, And in the dark deliver us"
post #7 of 7 Old 11-04-2018, 05:57 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Alright people just to add onto this post as seems a few of us are having this problem as you know from my last post I got my bike upgraded to a street rod had the same problem with the rear brake calliper disc and resivoir all changed bike rode well this was about 2500miles in and then on the way home from work yesterday I lost all acceleration look down at my front disc and noticed it was glowing red same problem again but on the front this bike is not even 1 year old and it’s going to have had 3 new callipers since I bought it! I think I am going to get to the dealer and ask for a refund on the bike as I don’t think it is a safe bike to ride if this keeps happening and once it’s out of warranty will cost a fortune to repair has anyone else had any more problems with this happening! These bike should get a brake upgrade as they are obviously not upto the task! Cheers Ross

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page