LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 04-26-2015, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Sit for two days, no start

So far I love my Street 500, but if it sits for two days or longer not on a charge it will not start. I bought the bike about a month ago and it has been doing this since I brought it home. I dropped it off at the dealer a week ago and all they have told me so far is the battery tested good. Which I figured was pretty obvious. No follow up calls or anything to let me know how its going. Ready to just pick it up and take it somewhere else, even though I'll have to pay. Anyone else have any problems like this?

"May the Great Spirit in Harley Heaven keep you safe on your ride today."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-27-2015, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Ambrosio View Post
So far I love my Street 500, but if it sits for two days or longer not on a charge it will not start. I bought the bike about a month ago and it has been doing this since I brought it home. I dropped it off at the dealer a week ago and all they have told me so far is the battery tested good. Which I figured was pretty obvious. No follow up calls or anything to let me know how its going. Ready to just pick it up and take it somewhere else, even though I'll have to pay. Anyone else have any problems like this?
Not having the motorcycle on a battery tender will slowly deplete the battery but it shouldn't happen that quickly. The Street doesn't even have an alarm system that drains the battery more quickly. Sounds like you have bad wire somewhere causing a discharge to the battery and that needs to be checked out and fixed. It just shouldn't drain that quickly and there has to be something causing it. Talk with the Harley service department because even they will say it shouldn't discharge that quickly.

Always remember that for every mile of highway there are two miles of ditches.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-27-2015, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFree View Post
Not having the motorcycle on a battery tender will slowly deplete the battery but it shouldn't happen that quickly. The Street doesn't even have an alarm system that drains the battery more quickly. Sounds like you have bad wire somewhere causing a discharge to the battery and that needs to be checked out and fixed. It just shouldn't drain that quickly and there has to be something causing it. Talk with the Harley service department because even they will say it shouldn't discharge that quickly.

They have had my bike for over a week now and the only thing they have told me is that the battery tested good. I'm going to call tomorrow to have my bike ready for me whether they are done or not, and I will just take it somewhere else. I'm very disappointed in the service department of the dealer that I purchased it from.

"May the Great Spirit in Harley Heaven keep you safe on your ride today."

post #4 of 5 Old 04-28-2015, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Ambrosio View Post
They have had my bike for over a week now and the only thing they have told me is that the battery tested good. I'm going to call tomorrow to have my bike ready for me whether they are done or not, and I will just take it somewhere else. I'm very disappointed in the service department of the dealer that I purchased it from.
Some H-D dealers have great service departments and some don't. Sounds like your is one falling into the second category and that's unfortunate. You might even want to talk with the general manager about the poor performance of the service department. It may or may not have a positive influence on how they treat owners but some of that has to do with how you address the problem. If you just complain it's not taken as seriously as if you just express regrets about the poor performance by the service department. Attitude always plays an important part in addressing a problem.

AYEDEE and HDServiceAdvisor like this.

Always remember that for every mile of highway there are two miles of ditches.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-24-2016, 09:14 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
I know this is Old. Did anyone check the Charging System?? If I leave mine off the Tender for an Hour or so, My Schumacher(SP6) reads around 75%.

2019 Hyundai Kona SE Surf Blue

2018 Custom 1200 Black Tempest

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page