Motorcycle Radio Antenna Question - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-20-2015, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Motorcycle Radio Antenna Question

Question,
Have a aftermarket motorcycle radio. It has a single wire for antenna. The antennas I've looked at have the same type end that a car would have. So is the single wire out of the radio it? Thats the antenna? Or is there a adapter to use for the aftermarket antennas?

Don
750, GI, Bassani muffler, Saddlebags, Radio, windshield, tach, and a working GI PRO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-20-2015, 07:26 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
if you could take a picture and post it then I may be able to advise you on what you need.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-20-2015, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I'm using a cell, and to post pics I see its drag an drop.
But the wire is just a plain old wire, just like a speaker wire.

Any radio guerus? I got a pyle 100amp radio with ungodly 5in monster size 50w speakers. They look like head lights, I mounted them on the crash bars. Didn't like the look, I removed them, then bought 300w 3in speakers.

My problem is they are just not that loud and the radio volume only goes up to 30. Do I need a preamp or a amp?

Don
750, GI, Bassani muffler, Saddlebags, Radio, windshield, tach, and a working GI PRO

post #4 of 4 Old 07-20-2015, 09:05 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Harley View Post
I'm using a cell, and to post pics I see its drag an drop.
But the wire is just a plain old wire, just like a speaker wire.

Any radio guerus? I got a pyle 100amp radio with ungodly 5in monster size 50w speakers. They look like head lights, I mounted them on the crash bars. Didn't like the look, I removed them, then bought 300w 3in speakers.

My problem is they are just not that loud and the radio volume only goes up to 30. Do I need a preamp or a amp?
is there a hole in the back of the radio where a Motorola plug fits into? if so then an automotive antenna should work, the one loose wire may just be a radio chassis ground wire. ...also "beautyandthebeast" is a member here and seems I remember seeing pictures of her bike that had handlebar motorcycle speakers, might message her and ask her about how loud the volume is on those....personally i use a Bluetooth speakers/headset thru my iphone and Pandora for my mooosick!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page