Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

ABS for street?

12K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  MGG 
#1 ·
Since HD now offers ABS on the sportster, I wonder if they will on the Street? Europe is going to mandate it so if they want to compete in that market they will need it and would be ahead of the game to offer it.

#7 ·
They could make abs an option, just like they do on many models. I don't see why they couldn't do that now. I'd pay the extra $800 or whatever it is, for something that could save my life. Targeting a bike for younger/newer riders seems like abs would be an option even before the dinosaur bikes get it.

#21 ·
I am the proud owner of a 750 and love it but believe the breaks are the weakest link. My Piaggio BV 460 cc scooter has dual front disc breaks and a rear disc break. One front and the rear are activated by one hand and the other hand just activates the front. This seams to work better than what HD has.

I accidentally locked the back break up at 40 mph last week which was a little scary. It locks pretty easy as there is not much weight on the back tire. I handled it with out issue but feel that ABS would have been easier to deal with.

mgg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.