User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2016, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Valve noise

Anybody have noisey valves? I started to really hear mine today not sure if I should do an adjust yet. I have 6000 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2016, 10:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Mine are pretty noisy and I only have 2000 miles. Mentioned it to the dealer but they didn't do anything about it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2016, 02:34 PM

If you have the skill and tools, I would definitely say: "better safe than sorry...". I have pretty extensive experience and I see most "professional" mechanics doing things that destroy vehicles. Not using torque wrenches, or use them just for the show without actually ever adjusting them properly; switching the customer's high-priced synthetic oil with cheap conventional oil; claiming to have replaced "defective parts" with "new" but in fact simply changing the original parts that are clearly not defective with old used parts from another vehicle; etc...
I have purchased a brand new 750, now with about 2000 miles on it that's currently in the shop for a major engine problem. To Harley's credit and my local dealer's, I have to say that they gave me no hassle and are doing the right thing to address this issue.
With that said, my valves were very noisy and so were all the valves I have checked out from other Street 750/500 bikes either brand-new at the dealer or from other riders I see in my area. If they seem to have gotten a lot louder(than what you are used to), you should definitely look into it. Good luck and enjoy your awesome bike.

Old 06-18-2016, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apv View Post
If you have the skill and tools, I would definitely say: "better safe than sorry...". I have pretty extensive experience and I see most "professional" mechanics doing things that destroy vehicles. Not using torque wrenches, or use them just for the show without actually ever adjusting them properly; switching the customer's high-priced synthetic oil with cheap conventional oil; claiming to have replaced "defective parts" with "new" but in fact simply changing the original parts that are clearly not defective with old used parts from another vehicle; etc...
I have purchased a brand new 750, now with about 2000 miles on it that's currently in the shop for a major engine problem. To Harley's credit and my local dealer's, I have to say that they gave me no hassle and are doing the right thing to address this issue.
With that said, my valves were very noisy and so were all the valves I have checked out from other Street 750/500 bikes either brand-new at the dealer or from other riders I see in my area. If they seem to have gotten a lot louder(than what you are used to), you should definitely look into it. Good luck and enjoy your awesome bike.
Thanks for the reply. I have done engine work in the past including valve adjustments on my old bike, a Suzuki DR650. If I remember tomorrow I'll make a video of the sound and post it.. I might just be nervous cause this bike is all new to me.