Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Dyno'd my 750 today

19K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  Gaijin 
#1 ·
Hi all. Took my 750 to a shop for a Dyno run. And was Surprised. 70HP and 58 Lbs Trq. Stock is(I believe) 53HP and 45 Lbs Trq. All with "Bolt Ons" and a FP3.

#17 · (Edited)
Congrats, Tucson! Really nice numbers! You make me want to upgrade from xg500 to 750. I jealous :)

Got my V&H Comp Series Slip-On installed and happy with it. I have to get my K&N Air Intake installed and then FP3 tune. Do you think your other mods would benefit me much on a 500cc? - the Aceel Coil, 8mm wires and NGK Iridium plugs.

#12 ·
I called the Shop and asked. He said Wheel HP. I don't know How you can measure at the engine with it still connected to the drivetrain?? It only took a few minutes. Mine was the First for the night!!! They were having a Bike Night. Same day as my Birthday so I went. Had no plans other than that.

#16 ·
I just read today, The Scout 60 makes 78 HP and 65 Ft Lb Trq(Stock). If those numbers I was given is True, I am coming close to a Scout 60. Using only a 46. If I could get that 800cc rebore kit?? Mine could probably match it.

#23 ·
I do know from a previous Maxi-Scooter it helped. Had a 2010 Yamaha Majesty 400. Was with a group riding. A road I've been on before. And the Majesty had a hard time accelerating up the hill. The engine hit a wall. Put a Nology Coil and Hotwire on it. Ran better. It had an Ignition Break up under load.

#26 · (Edited)
The Street Rod has the better intake, a slightly higher compression ratio, a modified cam, and a "low restriction muffler". And an 18% gain in HP and 8% in torque, which is not too shabby at all.

But -- it's also running an EPA-compliant tune which is probably leaner than it should be. And the "low restriction" muffler still sounded much thinner and raspier, to me, than a Nightstick or V&H or other muffler. It still has to be 50-state compliant, so I bet Harley left quite a bit on the table there for the sake of meeting 50-state emissions laws, noise restrictions, and improving fuel economy.

So is it possible that TucsonMax's Street is delivering 2hp more than the Street Rod? Depending on the dyno, sure -- the only way to really know would be to run them both on the same dyno. I have somewhat similar mods to Max's, and my FP3 "dyno" is showing +13.4% peak HP and +8.5% peak torque, putting it pretty close to the same ballpark as the Street Rod, so I think Max's numbers are certainly reasonable. And the Nightstick I'm using is tuned for torque, not HP; if I pulled off the end cap and retuned for a free-flowing exhaust I wouldn't be surprised if the peak HP was up there with Max's and with the Street Rod's.

But that's all comparing modified Streets against a stock Street Rod. I fully expect that if you modify the Street Rod accordingly (i.e, put a truly free-flowing muffler on the Street Rod and have a professional tuner map it for optimum performance), that the Street Rod's advantages (higher compression ratio, bigger intake, and hotter cam) would push it significantly ahead of what we can get from a Street 750.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.