User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 09-05-2016, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
removal of rear master cyl

I have a new/used rear brake master cyl. for my 750 that I want to put on. Spent 2-3 days trying to bleed the original one in, and no luck. I think the unit itself is bad and needs a re-build. But I have a nice nearly new one ready to put on in its place.

The factory manual says you must remove the exhaust system to to remove the rear MC. I find this hard to believe. If they'd just put the screws on the other way, so they pull out towards the rear, it would be no prob. But nooooooooooo, you have to pull them forward, and there is no room due to pipe.

Question for anyone who's done this, is it possible to remove only the back pipe, and just leave the front pipe fully tightened at head?
Or must the whole thing come off. What a pain.
So if any of you have removed your rear master cylinder, I'd appreciate knowing whether or not you had to pull the exhaust system.

The only other method I could think of is by CUTTING the screws after back them out a thread or 2, with a hacksaw. Then upon reinstalling put them in the other way, so nut is towards the front. duh.

thanks!

This is real frustrating, between working 25 days in a row, 10 hour shifts, thunderstorms, heat and other discomforts, I can't seem to get anything done.
Almost thinking of taking it to the dealer, but by now I'm sure they can tell I've tried to bleed it. Not sure if that knocks out any warranty left.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-09-2016, 05:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So the "nice nearly new" one proved no good either. I have it to H-D to try and they said no good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page