User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-01-2016, 04:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Fp3

I have recently installed a FP3 in my Harley Street 750. I have also installed SE Nightstick slip ons and an SE extreme billet air cleaner. I would be grateful if someone can share their information on FP3. I was advised to use a canned map of V&H slip ons, standard baffle and high flow air filter which is what is currently programmed on the bike since they said that this map is as close it can get to the SE slip ons and air filter. My question is whether it is better to use the auto tune feature or leave things as they are with the current map. Also in case I use the auto tune feature then can I leave the FP3 permanently on the bike or do I have to keep on applying the changes or will it read off from where it was stopped last.
Bala
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-28-2016, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Once you apply the changes (reprogram/flash the engine's computer). You can remove the FP3.

I used autotune to fine tune the canned map because I have the k&n intake/cover fort and a Chris Chappell slip-on. It made a difference in my case. YMMV, though.

But I keep my FP3 connected and use my cell phone as my instrument panel - speedometer, tachometer, gear indicator, engine temperature and mpg meter.

I'm not a fan of idiot lights, I prefer to know what's going on with my ride, BEFORE it's too late.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 Old 10-28-2016, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
I used one of V&H's "Stock" maps. V&H SO with Standard Baffle. And chose High Velocity Intake. I have the V&H VO2. Never did the Auto Tune. Mine runs fine. And Dyno'd at 70 HP and 58 Ft Lbs Trq.

2016 Hyundai Tucson SE Coliseum Grey AWD

2018 Custom 1200

post #4 of 4 Old 10-30-2016, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Smile Fp3

Thanks for the inputs. I have my FP3 connected since I too use my iPhone to monitor the various parameters whereas the speedo gives just basic information. I also discovered that the dealer had mapped it with No Inserts but when I changed it to standard baffles there was a marked difference. I have not removed the baffle plates at the back of the exhaust since I am quite happy with the muffled but loud enough roar to let people know that a Harley is on the road. As I said the bike now accelerates in first gear smoothly without the earlier jerkiness and really takes off subsequently.
Thanks once again

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page