User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-12-2017, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Opinions please

I just bought my XG750 new back in August. I took it in this week for my 10k mile service and handlebar and grip installation. It turned out to be first bad experience. I knew going in that I had a minor oil leak. We found the source (shift shaft seal) when I dropped it off on Monday morning. They asked me to leave the bike until Wednesday which was no big deal. On Wednesday afternoon they called to say they found the oil leak and would need to order the part. Then on Thursday they called to say there is a related o-ring that they forgot to order and would have it overnighted. It didn't come up in on Friday as it was supposed to and they eventually called on Saturday about 11am to let me know it was done and ready to pick up. Total bill for service and handle install was $560.
Anyway, what I'm trying to find out is if anyone has experience with grip installation. They told me the ones I provided wouldn't fit and tried to sell me on some Harley grips. I told them no and to put the stock grips back on until I could figure out what I wanted to do. If you know anything about this subject, please check out the link and let me know if you think they should fit. Their compatibility chart says they should, the right grip is a slightly larger inner diameter to account for the throttle tube. I don't see any reason they shouldn't work but would like someone else's opinion before I try it myself.

22MM Universal Motorcycle Rubber Gel Alloy Handle Grips For 7/8" Handlebar Cover | eBay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-12-2017, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage
Look on this site and you will see lots of discussions about grips. I was using ISO grips before Kuryakyn decided to make a set strictly for the Streets. The stock throttle tube on the streets is thicker and won't take a 7/8 inch grip. I had to use a Universal 1 inch to make it work. There is plenty of information here to peruse if you invest the time to read.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-12-2017, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I bought these and for 17$ when i bought them they are not half bad! I'm going for a green/white cafe look some what and these were open ended for new mirrors. FYi don't buy inot the gimmick that "Harleys are best with Harley parts" Its similar to buying a BMW. There are other parts out there that will work the same if not better than some Harley recommended parts.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(there 2$ cheaper...time to sue amazon lol :P)

"Buy a motorcycle and I disown you"

- Mom 2012

"Heres graduation money go buy a bike "

- Mom 2016

post #4 of 4 Old 02-13-2017, 09:20 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Those grips should work bro... Change them youself. It's super easy. All you do is yank 'em off and hook up the throttle cable on the right hand side (hook the 2 wires back in the same place on your new grip) and the left one you just slide it back on. If I can do it by myself, you can it I promise... Lol.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page