Accessory Fuse - Street 750 ? - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-17-2017, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Accessory Fuse - Street 750 ?

Just what does the accessory fuse protect ? I can't find anything in the manual. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-28-2017, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
To be honest, I haven't traced it but I can. Now having said that, I have used it with a tap a fuse for my extra lighting. In the area I reside, I've found that unless the bike lights up like a skyscraper at night anyone driving seems to miss you on a bike. I'll take a look here this evening and let you know for sure, and confirm it with a multimeter once I find where it goes. I do suspect however it is the extra lighting, such as the mini bulb in the stock headlight but I'll have to check to be sure.

-- update:

So, went out there and found what it goes to, at least on the 750. I'm sure for those with a 500 who see this it will likely be the same. It goes to the speedometer. Meaning, all lights and display etc turns off. At least on mine. So guess I need to see what is up with the instrument fuse next. Maybe it was put together wrong.

"St Barbara of the Artillery Corp - Be at the bursting of the doors of doom, And in the dark deliver us"

Last edited by steelrain; 03-28-2017 at 06:40 PM.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-28-2017, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelrain View Post
To be honest, I haven't traced it but I can. Now having said that, I have used it with a tap a fuse for my extra lighting. In the area I reside, I've found that unless the bike lights up like a skyscraper at night anyone driving seems to miss you on a bike. I'll take a look here this evening and let you know for sure, and confirm it with a multimeter once I find where it goes. I do suspect however it is the extra lighting, such as the mini bulb in the stock headlight but I'll have to check to be sure.

-- update:

So, went out there and found what it goes to, at least on the 750. I'm sure for those with a 500 who see this it will likely be the same. It goes to the speedometer. Meaning, all lights and display etc turns off. At least on mine. So guess I need to see what is up with the instrument fuse next. Maybe it was put together wrong.
That's sort of what I thought too. But I wanted to see what other experiences were. As you did, I tapped off that one to run some auxiliary lights to hopefully ward off the jerks on the road around here.

post #4 of 5 Old 03-28-2017, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Oh it definitely works, swapped the wrong signals with some I got off of amazon that run bright white when not in turn signal mode. Lights up like a Christmas tree, and the L.E.O. here in the area don't have a problem with it, even pulled up to a L.E.O. on a bike here at a stop light and asked and he said "I'd prefer you to have all the lighting you can with the exception of flashing blue and red. It keeps you alive and I don't have a problem with it."

So I'm quite happy with the results. Besides, they look much better than the stock lights sticking out like that. I love FL and all, but the traffic on the interstate can get very foolish -_-.

"St Barbara of the Artillery Corp - Be at the bursting of the doors of doom, And in the dark deliver us"
post #5 of 5 Old 03-28-2017, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelrain View Post
Oh it definitely works, swapped the wrong signals with some I got off of amazon that run bright white when not in turn signal mode. Lights up like a Christmas tree, and the L.E.O. here in the area don't have a problem with it, even pulled up to a L.E.O. on a bike here at a stop light and asked and he said "I'd prefer you to have all the lighting you can with the exception of flashing blue and red. It keeps you alive and I don't have a problem with it."

So I'm quite happy with the results. Besides, they look much better than the stock lights sticking out like that. I love FL and all, but the traffic on the interstate can get very foolish -_-.
Yep-- I'm in Fl too. Traffic used to be reasonably OK but anymore,its crazy. Too many new houses and new people that haven't a clue focused on their cell phones texting... add to that the snowbirds and you really gotta be looking out for the other guy.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page