Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Installing an Alarm

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Tucsonmax1 
#1 ·
Hi all. I am in the process of installing a Scorpio I800 Alarm. Module is mounted. Using the HD-6 connector. And the Perimeter Sensor. Still have to wire in the Starter Kill Relay.

The connector for the Tail light was really buried in there. Couldn't move the plug from its corner. So I ended up doing this. Used my finger to release the Locking Tab. Separated the plugs. Used a Hose Pulling long plier to hold the Tail Light end. And a Long Needle Nose to push the adapter into it.

Mounted the Module under the seat. Mounted the Perimeter Sensor next to the ECM. Got the 12v+ from the Battery side of the Solenoid. The Solenoid didn't provide a good ground. So I had to ground to one of the mounting bolts next to the ECM.

Think I know where I am going to wire the Relay in. Switched side of the Solenoid.

#2 ·
Update: Anyone who installs a Scorpio Alarm, Check the Remote Battery. Since I installed mine, The alarm has been going off randomly. Even with the remote inches from the Antenna. Took the Battery out tonight. Checked the Open Load Volts. 2.9V. Battery was weak right out of the box.

#3 ·
Are you adding a tracking device to this or not and what did the alarm cost you?

#4 ·
No Tracking device.

Its a Scorpio SR I800. Starter Kill Relay, Perimeter Sensor. Also bought the HD-6 Connector. Cost me just under $270. I could've saved about $40 by just splicing into the wiring. Instead of using the HD-6. Unfortunately, Does not have the wiring for the Flashing Signals. Scorpio claims HD's have issues with that function. Scorpio had Free Shipping when purchased.

I used a I800 on a Yamaha Majesty a few years ago. That one did include wiring for Turn Signal Flashers. But no Wiring Adapter. Relay was wired into the Fuel Pump Relay. Perimeter Sensor was inside the Dashboard. Alarm was mounted deep inside the "Hood" if you will. Between Headlamp and Dashboard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.