LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 07-16-2017, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
BT Code Reader/Scan Tool

Hi all. Found a company on Amazon. Called Motorscan. They make adapters that plug into the Diagnostic Ports for the HD 4 and 6 Pin connectors. Price is just under $200 USD. I ordered one from Amazon. A week later it finally arrives. Open the package. What to my Dismay? Not only did Amazon ship the 4 Pin, I ordered the 6, They shipped me a Used one. As evidenced by the Open package. And the LPN Sticker on top of the "New Item" sticker. Which was on top of the UPC. Filed a complaint with Amazon Customer Service. Who promptly blamed the Supplier. Until I pointed out that Amazon uses the LPN Sticker. I worked at a Prime Facility for 1 1/2 years. And have used them. Amazon was gracious enough to provide me with a UPS return label. And I am eventually getting a refund.

Contacted the Manufacturer. Sent pictures of what I received. "Alex" was not happy. And apologized in an e-mail. Said he filed a complaint with Amazon. To have them check the rest of the units in inventory.

So in the end I ended up reordering from Motorscan. Let you know What arrives. And how well it works. "Alex" said in an e-mail, He will make sure I get the correct unit this time.

https://motorscantools.com/

2016 Hyundai Tucson SE Coliseum Grey AWD

2018 Custom 1200
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-20-2017, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Hi all. Unit arrived today.

Size? 1 7/16" L 3/4" W and H.

Android App? Works on my Sony Xperia XA phone. Don't have an I-Phone. Can't comment. Has an Online Account set-up.

Function? Full Scan Tool and Code retrieval/Erasure functions. Shows the Calibration Code of the ECU. Basically Everything the FP3 shows. Without the Flash capability. And about 1/2 price of the FP3(Regular price at most shops)

Comes with a Quick Start Guide in English, Spanish, Italian, Deutsch
Propnut likes this.

2016 Hyundai Tucson SE Coliseum Grey AWD

2018 Custom 1200

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page