12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2014, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Street 750 US Forks

So I was reading the 750 first ride from MotorBeam just now and something struck me as intriguing and i figured I would pose it to the experts.

http://www.motorbeam.com/bikes/harle...t-ride-review/

Quote:
Harley-Davidson has used Endurance for the brakes and forks which is really cost cutting to a new level for this cult brand. Bajaj Auto, whose earlier Pulsar bikes were known for poor quality, stopped using Endurance and shifted to KBX and they are currently using ByBre equipment. The Pulsar UG3, that was in 2008 and six years later, Harley is using sub quality parts on a bike which is a premium product after all.
I found it interesting that the man criticizes the components but then goes on to laud the handling characteristics.

No matter, my question is if these Endurance shocks are so piss poor, what do you think Harley will use for the American Streets? Does anyone know if fork suppliers are consistent across the US lineup?
sunny_sahdev likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2014, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Is it for sure that Harley will be using different forks for the US models? It is after all an entry level Harley, so one would expect that some of the materials or parts that are being used aren't quite as "premium" as one might expect on a Harley.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Santosh kumar
Exactly I posed similar questions in the other test ride thread created by ,adrena ...
Well again @basuroy made interesting points for my post regarding one has to consider the overall performance when the bikes been pushed to the limits and then how these forks ,rear shocks ,tyres ,brakes...
Well cursing around 60-80 won't be a trouble ,but if the bike is pushed to say 120+ that's the big question someone has to clear now
Well we have to wait for other Moto websites to review the bike ,dyno tests for actual figures & so on...

Old 03-19-2014, 11:40 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin On View Post
So I was reading the 750 first ride from MotorBeam just now and something struck me as intriguing and i figured I would pose it to the experts.

2014 Harley-Davidson Street 750 First Ride Review

I found it interesting that the man criticizes the components but then goes on to laud the handling characteristics.

No matter, my question is if these Endurance shocks are so piss poor, what do you think Harley will use for the American Streets? Does anyone know if fork suppliers are consistent across the US lineup?
Harley uses forks mostly from Showa. There were, for a time, some models of Sportster and Superglide using forks from Kayaba. All of their shocks are from Showa. Ages ago Harley bought forks from Ceriani (early Superglides and Sportsters) and shocks from Gabriel. Brakes came from Lockheed (70's stuff) and Kelsey Hayes before HD started using Tokiko (Sportsters), Nissan (XR-1200) and Brembo. Superglide and Wideglide models still have Kelsey Hayes calipers. Rotors are usually from Sunstar.

Like most motorcycles, Harleys are an accumulation of components from dozens of suppliers.
Livin On, sunny_sahdev and Sherri like this.

I live in a parallel universe but have a vacation home in reality.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
hopefully we get the showas here.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:34 PM

Endurance supplies suspensions for following brands :
2 Wheelers & 3 Wheelers
Passenger Vehicles
HCV/ LCV
Bajaj Auto Ltd.
B M W AG
Mahindra Two Wheelers Ltd.
Polaris
India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd.
Eicher Royal Enfield
Piaggio Vehicles Pvt Ltd.
Hero Motocorp
Suzuki Motorcycle India Pvt. Ltd.
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd.
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
Kawasaki Heavy Industries

and also they have technical tie up with WP performance company from Austria...
So i suppose it ain't that bad...
Source endurance website
sunny_sahdev likes this.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santosh kumar View Post
Endurance supplies suspensions for following brands :
2 Wheelers & 3 Wheelers
Passenger Vehicles
HCV/ LCV
Bajaj Auto Ltd.
B M W AG
Mahindra Two Wheelers Ltd.
Polaris
India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd.
Eicher Royal Enfield
Piaggio Vehicles Pvt Ltd.
Hero Motocorp
Suzuki Motorcycle India Pvt. Ltd.
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd.
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
Kawasaki Heavy Industries

and also they have technical tie up with WP performance company from Austria...
So i suppose it ain't that bad...
Source endurance website
Thanks for the info Santosh

So they're tied in with WP, which means Bajaj and by extension KTM are still using Endurance shocks. I have heard that a good chunk of those Duke owners are complaining that their front ends are WAYY too soft.

Do you know if Endurance has widespread use outside of India? Probabaly under WP more than anything..
Old 03-20-2014, 01:46 PM

@Livin On ,i suppose they do export under the badge of WP ...
if i can dig up credible info will post it in forum ,all the ktms use endurance shocks under the badge of wp which is manufactured here...
Livin On likes this.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
I have never owned a motorcycle I didn't need to change fork springs, damping and rear shocks to make the suspension operate the way I want it to. I don't fuss over these things because it is a given I will modify or replace them. On a Street 750 I am leaning towards a complete XR1200X front end and rear wheel with some longer than stock multi adjustable reservoir shocks. A touch lower and narrower handlebar, a bit more rearset foot pegs (not drastically rearset, I just want my feet under my butt like my BMWs and Street Rod) and the tallest of the three seats offered ought to be just what the doctor ordered.
Livin On and sunny_sahdev like this.

I live in a parallel universe but have a vacation home in reality.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Tortoise View Post
I have never owned a motorcycle I didn't need to change fork springs, damping and rear shocks to make the suspension operate the way I want it to. I don't fuss over these things because it is a given I will modify or replace them. On a Street 750 I am leaning towards a complete XR1200X front end and rear wheel with some longer than stock multi adjustable reservoir shocks. A touch lower and narrower handlebar, a bit more rearset foot pegs (not drastically rearset, I just want my feet under my butt like my BMWs and Street Rod) and the tallest of the three seats offered ought to be just what the doctor ordered.
how effective would a simple fork oil swap be? I've never undertaken a full front end swap, I just don't think its something my repertoire is capable of pulling off. However swapping the oil seems like something I could potentially pull off in the garage. From what I read swapping in 15W should be good enough, especially because I'm a little guy, about 150.

as for the rear....