LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-01-2015, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
HD Helmet Lock

Anyone buy the helmet lock that attaches to the engine guard? I was surprised when I picked it up that it was labeled multi-fit since in the catalog everything seemed to be different for the street and made sure they ordered the right part which the numbers matched. go to put it on and the engine guard is too wide for it to fit on. Anyone else have this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-01-2015, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Called my dealer and one of the guys said he had a similar issue where he put electrical tape on the guard and just jammed it on there.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-01-2015, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoung048 View Post
Anyone buy the helmet lock that attaches to the engine guard? I was surprised when I picked it up that it was labeled multi-fit since in the catalog everything seemed to be different for the street and made sure they ordered the right part which the numbers matched. go to put it on and the engine guard is too wide for it to fit on. Anyone else have this problem?
Same problem here. My HD helmet lock came in on Saturday with the rest of my parts (pictures attached) and that's the only part one I didn't install. I'm sure it would fit ok once it's tightened down with the screws but wasn't 100% sure and does seem like it would scratch up the engine guard a bit. I guess electrical tape may do the trick to help prevent that. I was also reading where others recommend getting replacement screws to prevent having to drill out the ones that come with it in case you want to relocate the lock. Not sure that's the best approach to keep the helmet the most secured but can understand why some people would want to use standard screws.
I'm also not sure of the best location. I'm thinking the left engine guard at the top and assume it's best to have the lock facing outwards so the helmet hands to the outside of the engine guard? Was that your plan as well?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image2.jpeg (520.0 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg image3.jpg (153.0 KB, 66 views)

post #4 of 4 Old 06-09-2015, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I went right engine guard opposite kickstand side depending on your view towards the top. Used a clamp put a little electric tape and almost got it on perfect
harleywv likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page