LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 Old 06-21-2015, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Help with tech question!

I just installed the Screaming Eagle slip on with the baffle discs removed and the end cap off. I left 1 baffle disc on but no end cap. I started the bike, left it in neutral, and revved it up a little to hear it. When I twist the throttle the exhaust rumble cuts out for a quick second then roars as normal. Why is it going quiet for a half second when I first twist the throttle? Do I need to put the discs and end cap back on so it functions correctly? Or is this normal how exhausts work?

Please help as I am new to bikes and don't want to cause any problems with it.

"Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 06-22-2015, 03:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Maybe I need the V&H Fuelpack FP3? Where would I get the map for SE slip on minus baffle disks?

post #3 of 36 Old 06-22-2015, 06:35 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Nooooooooooooooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyDevilKing View Post
Maybe I need the V&H Fuelpack FP3? Where would I get the map for SE slip on minus baffle disks?
Get the Supertuner it is not a piggyback system I will post maps as soon as I get them 1 coming up for the V+H competition baffle soon.

post #4 of 36 Old 06-22-2015, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdcmoto View Post
Get the Supertuner it is not a piggyback system I will post maps as soon as I get them 1 coming up for the V+H competition baffle soon.
what is the difference between the fp3 and supertuner?
what do you mean about piggy back and why its not good.

from what I read about the fp3, I like the ability to be connected all the time via bluetooth , get real time map adjustments from v&h website on fuel management adjustments that may be needed as conditions such as humidity and barometric pressure change in real time, and not have to use a laptop and usb cable.

I also like the iphone display for all the sensor info in real time, not to mention gear selection and rpms, head temp, speed, voltage and any error codes.

and the difference in cost is?

any info would be appreciated.
post #5 of 36 Old 06-22-2015, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdcmoto View Post
I don't see any reason not to go with Fuelpak??? The last thing I want to do is go buy a computer and have to mess around with numbers and settings on **** I don't know about.

post #6 of 36 Old 06-22-2015, 02:18 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyDevilKing View Post
I just installed the Screaming Eagle slip on with the baffle discs removed and the end cap off. I left 1 baffle disc on but no end cap. I started the bike, left it in neutral, and revved it up a little to hear it. When I twist the throttle the exhaust rumble cuts out for a quick second then roars as normal. Why is it going quiet for a half second when I first twist the throttle? Do I need to put the discs and end cap back on so it functions correctly? Or is this normal how exhausts work?

Please help as I am new to bikes and don't want to cause any problems with it.
Don't read too much into the exhaust note. It could be just a little lag between the time you open the throttle and its reaction time. As regards using a fuel management system, any free flow exhaust system makes your vehicle run lean......meaning it gets less fuel than needed. This in turn leads the engine running hotter than usual and can be the cause for a number of problems for the engine, and that's why, manufacturers void the warranty if you use after market exhausts.
In your case, with the removal the discs and the end cap, you're exhaust system has in effect become a free flow system, and it will cause the bike to run lean. Having said that, don't get too worried. If you are using the bike for short distances and city runs nothing will go wrong. If you are still concerned, go for the fuelpak 3. All your worries are over except shelling out a few extra dollars.
saffa likes this.
post #7 of 36 Old 06-22-2015, 11:26 PM

Fp3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYEDEE View Post
Don't read too much into the exhaust note. It could be just a little lag between the time you open the throttle and its reaction time. As regards using a fuel management system, any free flow exhaust system makes your vehicle run lean......meaning it gets less fuel than needed. This in turn leads the engine running hotter than usual and can be the cause for a number of problems for the engine, and that's why, manufacturers void the warranty if you use after market exhausts.
In your case, with the removal the discs and the end cap, you're exhaust system has in effect become a free flow system, and it will cause the bike to run lean. Having said that, don't get too worried. If you are using the bike for short distances and city runs nothing will go wrong. If you are still concerned, go for the fuelpak 3. All your worries are over except shelling out a few extra dollars.
The FP3 is an OK fuel management device It has a lot of bells and whistles on it IE bluetooth etc.
If you do not have a good Dyno tuner in your area it is a cheaper option The Super tuner also has a smart tune option. Both will get your bike to run OK.
When the bike is Tuned on a dyno with a good tuner he will correct the Volumetric efficiency of each cylinder at all throttle positions and RPMs whereas the FP3 and SE smart tune feature will get you close.
The Supertuner is the only device that will allow a Tuner to make permanent changes to your Fuel / Ign timing and more MAP in your ECM.
A piggyback system will be constantly lying to your ECM to make changes after it has determined that the fuel values are not within parameters.
Bottom line as I dont want to make this long winded (I am not trying to promote HD stuff Only what I know from experience works)if you Do Not have a reputable Dyno tuner in your area go with the FP3 (it will get you close.
Something is better than nothing an exhaust pipe change is Huge.
We ran a bike before and after having a FP3 and V&H Pipe installed and it gained only 3-4 HP.
I gave the customer a hefty discount to install the Supertuner,which he did ,he has to come back for the tune as he had an accident.But I will post the results as soon as I get them.
BTW Supertuner is at least double the price of a FP3.
Talk soon
post #8 of 36 Old 06-23-2015, 12:31 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
What about the Power Vision? Is it like the FP3 or is it like the Supertuner for maping?
post #9 of 36 Old 06-23-2015, 12:58 AM

Dont Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by marian View Post
What about the Power Vision? Is it like the FP3 or is it like the Supertuner for maping?
I have never came across this product.
Do your research 1st see if they will guarantee it works .
There is a lot of S*** out there that may leave you stranded.
Keep up posted if you have good results.
I am going to start a new thread, and after I have Proof one way or another. If you have had your bike on the dyno PM me the results and your thoughts please I hate people getting ripped off.
Later
Rock270 likes this.
post #10 of 36 Old 06-23-2015, 01:35 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Power Vision is a Dynojet product. Dynojet has 2 maps tuned for the XG750. One is for the XG750 stock - "improved" and second one is for the XG750 with the SE exhaust and the SE Air Cleaner. Here is the link Dynojet Power Vision

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page