50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2015, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Firebrand loose cannon

Has anyone installed the loose cannon slip on from firebrand? If so how do you like it? Did you get the bike tuned or a fuel pak? I just got mine in yesterday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2015, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsol04 View Post
Has anyone installed the loose cannon slip on from firebrand? If so how do you like it? Did you get the bike tuned or a fuel pak? I just got mine in yesterday
Pipe is Awesome sounding we are going to SE tune the bike on the dyno once it is broken in.
The price is great also.
Have fun
Old 06-26-2015, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks! Do you think I would be ok with no tuning? I don't think I can afford it right now

Old 06-26-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Thanks! Do you think I would be ok with no tuning? I don't think I can afford it right now
I hear you.
From what I have seen it runs rough until it warms up but you need to get it tuned.
Ask some of the other guys if they have a FP3 and that pipe see how it performs if you cant get the SE tuner now! I think it does not cost as much as the SE tuner.
You will love the sound!!
Old 06-26-2015, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
You don't need to have the bike tuned just for replacing the slip on. If you upgrade your intake, you definitely need to have the bike tuned.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:16 PM

This pipe has an OPEN CORE BAFFLE it is not just a slip on. It has a big effect on the VE of the motor.
You DO need some sort of tuning device to make it not run too lean/rich as the O2 sensors will only compensate very little.
I am only saying this because an exhaust change can be a major factor on how the motor runs.
If it is just a SE slip on or something similar then you can get away with it.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdcmoto View Post
This pipe has an OPEN CORE BAFFLE it is not just a slip on. It has a big effect on the VE of the motor.
You DO need some sort of tuning device to make it not run too lean/rich as the O2 sensors will only compensate very little.
I am only saying this because an exhaust change can be a major factor on how the motor runs.
If it is just a SE slip on or something similar then you can get away with it.
Oh man. I guess I should probably wait til I have the tuner or fuel pak before installing it then, huh? ?
Old 06-26-2015, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Oh man. I guess I should probably wait til I have the tuner or fuel pak before installing it then, huh? ?
Like i said put it on enjoy the sweet sound and then get some sort of tuning device a lot of guys are using the FP3.
It will not harm the motor on the short term. It will in the long term though.(Btw this is my job) I am only speaking from experience.
Or once we tune ours I will send you the Map if you decide to go with the SEST.
Install it and have fun.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Ordered mine last week. Hopefully I will get it next week and put it on over the 4th of July Weekend.

Thinking about putting on the SE free flow filter or the Vance and Hines Naked (if it ever gets back in stock).

So after I install these then I can take it to my dealer and they will tune it? How much will that set me back???
Old 06-26-2015, 09:35 PM

Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Simmons View Post
Ordered mine last week. Hopefully I will get it next week and put it on over the 4th of July Weekend.

Thinking about putting on the SE free flow filter or the Vance and Hines Naked (if it ever gets back in stock).

So after I install these then I can take it to my dealer and they will tune it? How much will that set me back???
Depends on your dealer (make sure they have a good Dyno Guy)
The SEST is $460 and it takes about 3 hrs to tune it 1.5 per cylinder to get it perfect But some guys are having good luck with the FP3.This is another less expensive option (from what I have heard).
Mike Simmons likes this.