Firebrand loose cannon - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

 50Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2015, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Jsol04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Firebrand loose cannon

Has anyone installed the loose cannon slip on from firebrand? If so how do you like it? Did you get the bike tuned or a fuel pak? I just got mine in yesterday
Jsol04 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-26-2015, 04:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsol04 View Post
Has anyone installed the loose cannon slip on from firebrand? If so how do you like it? Did you get the bike tuned or a fuel pak? I just got mine in yesterday
Pipe is Awesome sounding we are going to SE tune the bike on the dyno once it is broken in.
The price is great also.
Have fun
tdcmoto is offline  
Old 06-26-2015, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Jsol04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks! Do you think I would be ok with no tuning? I don't think I can afford it right now
Jsol04 is offline  
 
Old 06-26-2015, 04:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsol04 View Post
Thanks! Do you think I would be ok with no tuning? I don't think I can afford it right now
I hear you.
From what I have seen it runs rough until it warms up but you need to get it tuned.
Ask some of the other guys if they have a FP3 and that pipe see how it performs if you cant get the SE tuner now! I think it does not cost as much as the SE tuner.
You will love the sound!!
tdcmoto is offline  
Old 06-26-2015, 06:02 PM
Senior Member
 
charlesskelter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
You don't need to have the bike tuned just for replacing the slip on. If you upgrade your intake, you definitely need to have the bike tuned.
charlesskelter is offline  
Old 06-26-2015, 06:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
This pipe has an OPEN CORE BAFFLE it is not just a slip on. It has a big effect on the VE of the motor.
You DO need some sort of tuning device to make it not run too lean/rich as the O2 sensors will only compensate very little.
I am only saying this because an exhaust change can be a major factor on how the motor runs.
If it is just a SE slip on or something similar then you can get away with it.
tdcmoto is offline  
Old 06-26-2015, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Jsol04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdcmoto View Post
This pipe has an OPEN CORE BAFFLE it is not just a slip on. It has a big effect on the VE of the motor.
You DO need some sort of tuning device to make it not run too lean/rich as the O2 sensors will only compensate very little.
I am only saying this because an exhaust change can be a major factor on how the motor runs.
If it is just a SE slip on or something similar then you can get away with it.
Oh man. I guess I should probably wait til I have the tuner or fuel pak before installing it then, huh? ?
Jsol04 is offline  
Old 06-26-2015, 06:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsol04 View Post
Oh man. I guess I should probably wait til I have the tuner or fuel pak before installing it then, huh? ?
Like i said put it on enjoy the sweet sound and then get some sort of tuning device a lot of guys are using the FP3.
It will not harm the motor on the short term. It will in the long term though.(Btw this is my job) I am only speaking from experience.
Or once we tune ours I will send you the Map if you decide to go with the SEST.
Install it and have fun.
tdcmoto is offline  
Old 06-26-2015, 09:11 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Ordered mine last week. Hopefully I will get it next week and put it on over the 4th of July Weekend.

Thinking about putting on the SE free flow filter or the Vance and Hines Naked (if it ever gets back in stock).

So after I install these then I can take it to my dealer and they will tune it? How much will that set me back???
Mike Simmons is offline  
Old 06-26-2015, 09:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Simmons View Post
Ordered mine last week. Hopefully I will get it next week and put it on over the 4th of July Weekend.

Thinking about putting on the SE free flow filter or the Vance and Hines Naked (if it ever gets back in stock).

So after I install these then I can take it to my dealer and they will tune it? How much will that set me back???
Depends on your dealer (make sure they have a good Dyno Guy)
The SEST is $460 and it takes about 3 hrs to tune it 1.5 per cylinder to get it perfect But some guys are having good luck with the FP3.This is another less expensive option (from what I have heard).
Mike Simmons likes this.
tdcmoto is offline  
 
Thread Tools



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Welcome Firebrand Design LLC! hdstreetadmin Firebrand Design LLC 54 06-04-2018 01:58 PM
newbie with a 500 street & loose mirror gregamart New Members Introduction 5 12-09-2015 07:34 AM
Firebrand exhaust Godeo Street Appearance & Modifications 11 04-22-2015 01:15 PM
Firebrand exhaust nobullhd Harley-Davidson Street Parts & Accessories 20 03-31-2015 11:13 AM
Firebrand Exhaust Have Shipped Firebrand Harley-Davidson Street Parts & Accessories 16 12-09-2014 08:19 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome