my first post 19 inch front wheel - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2015, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
my first post 19 inch front wheel

I am definitely getting a bigger font wheel anyone know wht will fit? I know im going with a 19 inch and i think the berings are 24mm what do i need to find?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2015, 12:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Barnes Harley Davidson in Langley put a 23" on the front and managed to get an 18" on the rear of the bike for their custom build, without hacking the bike.
Solo750owner likes this.

Some days I like to go fast and other days I like to try stupid things on my bikes.

www.youtube.com/user/haulinonalo
Old 06-29-2015, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
One place used a nightster hub and a duna hub. Unfortunately I don't know jack about harley hubs so I don't know what years, models, styles etc use these hubs. I had asked specifically about their spoke wheels, so an aluminum wheel should be the same I would think.
Scott Redpath likes this.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:01 PM

Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haulin on a Lo View Post
Barnes Harley Davidson in Langley put a 23" on the front and managed to get an 18" on the rear of the bike for their custom build, without hacking the bike.
They also changed out the stock forks and put wide glide forks on a street to accommodate that 23" front wheel. I have taken a still from the video just to gaze in wonder.
Haulin on a Lo likes this.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Ah you see, I missed that part where they put the glide forks on there. I was thinking about a fatbob front end on mine until I talked sense back into me.
Solo750owner likes this.

Some days I like to go fast and other days I like to try stupid things on my bikes.

www.youtube.com/user/haulinonalo
Old 05-09-2016, 08:58 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Try this link for an awesome set of wheels

http://www.tuffside.com/Harley-Stree...eels_steel.htm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XG_WHEELS_STEEL-2T_1462841899857.jpg (64.1 KB, 45 views)
Old 05-09-2016, 09:28 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
We are the ones who make the custom wheels, hubs and rear cushdrive for the XG's. Front we use 19 or larger with no problems and rear 18" is fine depending on tire size. We are doing a 19" 19" dirttracker right now but the battery box will probably have to be modified. Let us know if you need anything TUFFSIDE - HANDMADE MOTORCYCLE SEATS, CAFE RACER SEATS, BOBBER SEATS A DIVISION OF CHAPPELL CUSTOMS
Solo750owner and Josh Olivier like this.

ChappellCustoms and TUFFSIDE®
tuffside.com
street750.com
chappellcustoms.com
Old 05-10-2016, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
I'm picking up a set of 13 spoke Sportster rims.....just needs a spacer on the front rim from what I was told by someone who runs a set on their 750....

Current rides:

2016 Softail Slim S Olive Gold Denim

2016 Street 750 Vivid Black

1998 Honda Aero Black/Silver
Old 08-11-2016, 12:06 AM

Garage
Just to clear things up a bit... our custom wheels for the HD Street are not Sportster, or any other Harley wheels for that matter (XG is completely different). We have custom made hubs - CNC machined with the XG cushdrive adapter for your belt drive built in. I'm sure you can make a front wheel fit from another bike with some modifications, but what about the rear? Our wheels and hubs have been designed from scratch just for the XG models. Some other company tried to make a few (and used pictures of our bikes in the process) but they are not our wheel company. We have a cnc company making our hubs exclusively and specifically for us.

If you try to make your own here is the breakdown from "most" vendors...
2 custom CNC cut hubs and custom XG cushdrive $1000 +, Aluminum USA made hoops, $600 + Stainless spokes $250 +, Don’t forget custom color Powdercoating - assembly labor, truing, hand painted pinstripes, etc… well over $2500 to piece them together yourself. That doesn’t include the 1-off CNC programing fees you will be charged to design a hub nobody else makes yet. So probably closer to $3000 to make 1 set of custom spoke wheels by yourself.

We have a very small margin on these as it is, so unless CHINA starts making them the price is what it is for now.

-CC
Big Rus likes this.

ChappellCustoms and TUFFSIDE®
tuffside.com
street750.com
chappellcustoms.com
Old 04-12-2017, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappell Customs View Post
Just to clear things up a bit... our custom wheels for the HD Street are not Sportster, or any other Harley wheels for that matter (XG is completely different). We have custom made hubs - CNC machined with the XG cushdrive adapter for your belt drive built in. I'm sure you can make a front wheel fit from another bike with some modifications, but what about the rear? Our wheels and hubs have been designed from scratch just for the XG models. Some other company tried to make a few (and used pictures of our bikes in the process) but they are not our wheel company. We have a cnc company making our hubs exclusively and specifically for us.

If you try to make your own here is the breakdown from "most" vendors...
2 custom CNC cut hubs and custom XG cushdrive $1000 +, Aluminum USA made hoops, $600 + Stainless spokes $250 +, Don’t forget custom color Powdercoating - assembly labor, truing, hand painted pinstripes, etc… well over $2500 to piece them together yourself. That doesn’t include the 1-off CNC programing fees you will be charged to design a hub nobody else makes yet. So probably closer to $3000 to make 1 set of custom spoke wheels by yourself.

We have a very small margin on these as it is, so unless CHINA starts making them the price is what it is for now.

-CC
Do you made wheel Rim for street 750? I like Turbine style. Thanks