LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-28-2015, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Reduced reach handlebar

I have currently the stock handle bar. It feels, that I would be more comfortable if the handlebar would be 1/2 to 1 inch closer to me.
The optional reduced reach handlebar description says that it will be 2 inch closer. I would not want to install the reduced reach one and be sorry. There are many forum members who changed the handlebar for the reduced reach one. I am 5'9". Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-29-2015, 06:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
if you want reduced reach i suppose youve got to buy it and try it out ,
i would be interested to know if you need to change for longer control cables and wires or have you got 2 inch extra already on the bike to acommidate this ??
cheers
kbull
Mrtwister75 likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-23-2015, 01:27 AM
MGG

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marian View Post
I have currently the stock handle bar. It feels, that I would be more comfortable if the handlebar would be 1/2 to 1 inch closer to me.
The optional reduced reach handlebar description says that it will be 2 inch closer. I would not want to install the reduced reach one and be sorry. There are many forum members who changed the handlebar for the reduced reach one. I am 5'9". Any advice?
Hi Marian;

Not sure if you got the reduced reach handlebars yet or not but. I am 5'10" and I got them. At first I thought the reach was still to far. Then I loosened the head and tilted them back a little and wala after a few tries I got them in a place that is much better than stock.

What I am trying to say is that you have more adjust-ability with the reduced reach handlebars. The others were to short for me no matter what. I felt as though I was leaning too far over the bike. The arc was too small but the reduced reach could probably come a half inch or so closer to me if needed but I like them where they are.

They will have to change the clutch cable to one that is 2 inches longer. All the other cables will reach.

I had my dealer do the installation.

mgg
Rock270 likes this.

post #4 of 4 Old 08-23-2015, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
I'd love to see a side shot of your riding position being so tall with reduced reach bars. I'm 5'7 and have clubmans that are further down and forward but I can still reach them sitting straight up and I've got typical short guy short arms.

The text above is my opinion. Feel free to ignore it. I do.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page