(Dis)service in Long Island City, NY - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 08-27-2016, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
(Dis)service in Long Island City, NY

Here's my experience so far with dealer service in Long Island City, NY for my 2015 XG750...

Keep in mind that the whole idea was to get this done this week because I had the week off.

Monday: Called to say that I wanted to make an appointment for the fuel pump recall. They said someone would call me back. They didn't.

Tuesday: Called to say again that I wanted to make an appointment for the fuel pump recall. They said I didn't need an appointment. Bring it any time. They could have told me that on Monday.

Wednesday: Dropped it off first thing in the morning. Got a phone call around 4:30 saying that the part was not in stock and they would have to keep it "overnight".

Thursday: Most of the day goes by, so I call around 4:00. They say they will call me back. They don't. I call at 5:15 (they close at 6). They tell me the part didn't come in, but call back first thing in the morning for an update.

Friday: Call at 8am. They say they don't get deliveries until around noon, so call back after that. Call back at 1:00. They say they haven't gone through their delivery yet and they don't know if the part came in. They will call me back. Around 4pm parts guy calls me and says the part is in and it will be done by the end of the day - or tomorrow. No call at the end of the day.

Saturday: Call at 11am to find out what is going on. They say it will be done today, but they can't tell me what time. They are closed tomorrow. I go back to work on Monday. I'm stuck here waiting on them again!

I already missed going kayaking this morning, and I paid $40 for tickets to a bbq this afternoon that I might have to miss! My girlfriend is also sitting around waiting for me to show up. This is really getting ridiculous!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 08-27-2016, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by happydaze View Post
Here's my experience so far with dealer service in Long Island City, NY for my 2015 XG750...

Keep in mind that the whole idea was to get this done this week because I had the week off.

Monday: Called to say that I wanted to make an appointment for the fuel pump recall. They said someone would call me back. They didn't.

Tuesday: Called to say again that I wanted to make an appointment for the fuel pump recall. They said I didn't need an appointment. Bring it any time. They could have told me that on Monday.

Wednesday: Dropped it off first thing in the morning. Got a phone call around 4:30 saying that the part was not in stock and they would have to keep it "overnight".

Thursday: Most of the day goes by, so I call around 4:00. They say they will call me back. They don't. I call at 5:15 (they close at 6). They tell me the part didn't come in, but call back first thing in the morning for an update.

Friday: Call at 8am. They say they don't get deliveries until around noon, so call back after that. Call back at 1:00. They say they haven't gone through their delivery yet and they don't know if the part came in. They will call me back. Around 4pm parts guy calls me and says the part is in and it will be done by the end of the day - or tomorrow. No call at the end of the day.

Saturday: Call at 11am to find out what is going on. They say it will be done today, but they can't tell me what time. They are closed tomorrow. I go back to work on Monday. I'm stuck here waiting on them again!

I already missed going kayaking this morning, and I paid $40 for tickets to a bbq this afternoon that I might have to miss! My girlfriend is also sitting around waiting for me to show up. This is really getting ridiculous!!!
Been having the same problems with my dealer. If I had know it would be this bad and I was going to run into so many issues I never would have bought my bike.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 18 Old 08-28-2016, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I finally got my bike back on Saturday afternoon. They charged me $384.22 + $19.11 (for shop supplies) for the 1k mile service, which is a ripoff. They also charged me $58.24 sales tax which is about double what the tax should be. They also scratched the **** out of my seat! I will pursue all of this and let you all know how it goes, but I absolutely cannot recommend this dealer for anything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1472435795080.jpg (124.2 KB, 28 views)

post #4 of 18 Old 08-28-2016, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by James811 View Post
Been having the same problems with my dealer. If I had know it would be this bad and I was going to run into so many issues I never would have bought my bike.
I know how you feel. I'm kind of feeling that way too. HD needs to step in and improve the dealer service, because anyone who goes through this is NOT going to recommend a Harley Davidson when their friends ask.
post #5 of 18 Old 08-29-2016, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
You would think they would try to correct these issues but I've actually submitted a few very bad surveys and not once got any responses for Harley or the dealer. I've actually had some friends tell me they were thinking about getting a new Harley and i told them they are better off going with a different brand especially because almost all the dealers in my area are the same way.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
post #6 of 18 Old 08-29-2016, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Garage
Wow! I can't say anything bad about the dealer here. Awesome service!

I hate autocorrect. I always end up posting some thong I didn't Nintendo.

2015 XG750 Street - Denim Black (Sold)
2010 Suzuki C50T
2007 Kawasaki KLXs (Sold in 2010)
post #7 of 18 Old 08-29-2016, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I finally got my bike back on Saturday afternoon. They charged me $384.22 + $19.11 (for shop supplies) for the 1k mile service, which is a ripoff. They also charged me $58.24 sales tax which is about double what the tax should be. They also scratched the **** out of my seat! I will pursue all of this and let you all know how it goes, but I absolutely cannot recommend this dealer for anything.
Hey. I'm in Long Island and been lurking here for a while. Looking to get my first bike.
Where is this dealer located Nassau or Suffolk county?
post #8 of 18 Old 08-29-2016, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
My brother lives near Riverhead but he hates the dealer service there so he goes to Nassau County. I don't know where the dealership is but there is a dealer locator on the HD website.

It seems like bad service is pretty common.
post #9 of 18 Old 08-29-2016, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-64 View Post
Wow! I can't say anything bad about the dealer here. Awesome service!
Where do you live?
post #10 of 18 Old 08-29-2016, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
My brother lives near Riverhead but he hates the dealer service there so he goes to Nassau County. I don't know where the dealership is but there is a dealer locator on the HD website.

It seems like bad service is pretty common.
So you brought your bike to Nassau County?
There are only 3 dealer in Long Island and if 2 were bad service, leaves me only one option (in Oakdale).
Maybe I should start looking for another bike.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page