6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 04-25-2014, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Street 750 Tours Italy

Harley Davidson will tour Italy with the new Street 750 and give free Demo rides.
Calendar "HD Street # 750 ™ On Tour" 2014
April 26 to 27 Treviso
May 1 Brescia
May 2 Bergamo
3 to 4 May in Milan
May 10 to 11 in Turin
May 17 to 18 Genoa
May 24 to 25 in Bologna
May 31 June -1 Milano Marittima
June 7 to 8 Florence
14 to 15 June Perugia
21 to 22 June in Rome
September 13 to 14 Naples
20 to 21 September Bari
September 27 to 28 Catania / Palermo
Harley-Davidson Street 750 On Tour - News - Moto.it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-25-2014, 10:03 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
I guess Italians used to high quality Ducatis, Aprilias, Moto Guzzis, MV Augustas, Gileras won't accept a Harley with so much cost cutting.

This Harley would find more customers in India, China and Pakistan where not much importance is given to quality and country of manufacturing.

To say the least we Indians would be happy with a French Wine outsourced in India produced with Indian grapes. I guess Bacchus would be abdicating once he hears this!
basuroy and Sherri like this.
post #3 of 13 Old 04-25-2014, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet View Post
I guess Italians used to high quality Ducatis, Aprilias, Moto Guzzis, MV Augustas, Gileras won't accept a Harley with so much cost cutting.

This Harley would find more customers in India, China and Pakistan where not much importance is given to quality and country of manufacturing.

To say the least we Indians would be happy with a French Wine outsourced in India produced with Indian grapes. I guess Bacchus would be abdicating once he hears this!
+1 , this bike serves two purpose - sell in developing nations , pass emission norms in US etc etc.

And LOL But you are right , too much importance given to brand here. So many reviews sympathize since it is harley who normally sell overpriced relics , it is acceptable cost cutting . If it was a HONDA , the bike will be butchered in reviews itself .
Puneet likes this.

post #4 of 13 Old 04-25-2014, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Europe has been a growth market for Harley Davidson. V-Rods are popular bikes and if you look at the customizers over there like No Limits Customs, Ricks and R + R Customizing, you find the V-Rod is their favorite model. The Street was, if you believe Harley, heavily focus grouped with young European urban dwellers and the bike was unveiled in Italy at the big Intermot bike show. It is a natural market for it.

Btw, you don't see all that many Ducs or high end Aprilias on European streets. What you see are lot of low buck Japanese bikes many of which are being made off tooling for models long since discontinued in the US. Kawasaki sold a 550 cc shaft drive all-rounder in Europe for at least a decade after that engine, which originated on the GPZ 550 was no longer available in the US. Same with the Yamaha Seca 900, something the US never saw but was sold in Europe as a low cost alternative to something like a BMW. Most Europeans can't afford high end motorcycles and the Japanese and Italian manufacturers cater to that market with low priced but low content/quality models many of which you don't see in other markets. I have a feeling Harley did a lot of careful homework determining just how much people over there are willing to pay for and what they want out of a bike. A little Harley cachet may be just enough to get the customer to look away from a Japanese bike that costs a touch less but just doesn't have the Harley thing going on.
Sherri likes this.

I live in a parallel universe but have a vacation home in reality.
post #5 of 13 Old 04-25-2014, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Thanks for posting this, although I'm in America, i'm looking forward to what people have to say from attending these tours and what HD might be sharing about the tour dates

post #6 of 13 Old 04-25-2014, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
wonder how well harley does in italy
post #7 of 13 Old 04-25-2014, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkystreet View Post
wonder how well harley does in italy
A Wall Street Journal article last year claims Italy is one of Harley's five top markets world wide.
Sherri likes this.

I live in a parallel universe but have a vacation home in reality.
post #8 of 13 Old 04-27-2014, 12:17 AM

Harley Street 750 price in Portugal and Italy is € 7300 and € 7800 respectively. Seems to be handsomely priced over there!

I guess cheaper and obsolete technology bikes would be for much less and going by quality on this bike I have doubts. People who are short of change generally look around for best bargains in the market and won't settle for a compromised higher priced offering.

Let's see if this comes out to be one **** of a bike for Harley or it makes all **** go loose on Harley!
post #9 of 13 Old 04-27-2014, 12:18 AM

P.S.- **** are H*LL
post #10 of 13 Old 04-27-2014, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Tortoise View Post
A Wall Street Journal article last year claims Italy is one of Harley's five top markets world wide.
wow, i would have never expected that, good to know, shows what little knew i know about italy, i guess i should have taken that trip to italy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page