Street 500 pricing - Australia - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

 9Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 05-09-2014, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Smile Street 500 pricing - Australia

Just did an amusing currency conversion. Based on the Street 750 being 5 lakh in India (yeah, I know its actually cheaper than that in reality) - the bike should be about $8908 Australian dollars.

Interesting that we are only getting the 500 here & not the 750, yet we told our price will be somewhere between $10-12 thousand dollars.

Typical Australian ripoff, everything you buy here is overpriced to **** & it gets worse every year.

Im still buying the bike!
HarleyVest, Sherri and StoneFree like this.
revolution-x is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 Old 05-09-2014, 08:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The desert
Posts: 544
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Companies will just keep over charging you as long as you are willing to pay. Instead of complaining, just don't buy it if you think the price is too high.

I live in a parallel universe but have a vacation home in reality.
Desert Tortoise is offline  
post #3 of 28 Old 05-09-2014, 08:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
That's the on road price with registration and insurance in some states of India and in some to reach that figure one can include few optional accessories also.

It's actually for first time that we Indians are getting a product cheaper than USA price of an international manufacturer else we are used to pay high duties. True attributes of Made in India Tag.
Puneet is offline  
 
post #4 of 28 Old 05-09-2014, 10:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Sherri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 139
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolution-x View Post
Just did an amusing currency conversion. Based on the Street 750 being 5 lakh in India (yeah, I know its actually cheaper than that in reality) - the bike should be about $8908 Australian dollars.

Interesting that we are only getting the 500 here & not the 750, yet we told our price will be somewhere between $10-12 thousand dollars.

Typical Australian ripoff, everything you buy here is overpriced to **** & it gets worse every year.

Im still buying the bike!

My understanding is that Australia is getting the 500 version first because of your LAM licenses (Learner Approved Motorcycle has limit of 650cc). And the price of 10,000-12,000 is your "ride away" price, what we Americans would call the "Out the Door price". Add sales tax, freight, dealer prep, doc fee, license, and registration to the USA price of $6700 on the Street 500 and we really pay about $8500 to ride the bike away. So if the price is $10,000 in Australia, that's only $1500 more than USA. Not as much of a ripoff as it seems at first.
HarleyVest likes this.
Sherri is offline  
post #5 of 28 Old 05-09-2014, 10:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Then Street 750 at on road price including insurance registration and all taxes at Rs 445000 (U.S. $ 7420) in Punjab, India seems to be a real bargain.
Puneet is offline  
post #6 of 28 Old 05-10-2014, 04:05 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
In spain the 750 starts with 7300 euro and in italy 7800 euro thats expensive!
HarleyVest likes this.
Peterwarf is offline  
post #7 of 28 Old 05-10-2014, 04:44 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
My understanding is that Australia is getting the 500 version first because of your LAM licenses (Learner Approved Motorcycle has limit of 650cc). And the price of 10,000-12,000 is your "ride away" price, what we Americans would call the "Out the Door price". Add sales tax, freight, dealer prep, doc fee, license, and registration to the USA price of $6700 on the Street 500 and we really pay about $8500 to ride the bike away. So if the price is $10,000 in Australia, that's only $1500 more than USA. Not as much of a ripoff as it seems at first.
You are correct about why we are getting the 500 (LAMS rules etc).I will be very surprised to see the bike hit the showrooms here any lower than $12,000 & even then I doubt it will be a ride away price. Heres hoping I am proven wrong.

Spoke to the dealer where I bought my 500 recently to see if he had any updates on delivery. He mentioned that the 750 may be available here as a special order. No more information available than that I'm afraid.

Did some calculations on the three main accessories I want with the bike as well. Here we go based on conversion to Australian dollars from INR.

Engine guard (black) $261

Screamin Eagle air cleaner kit $101

Nightstick muffler $448

How do these prices seem to you folks in the US?
HarleyVest likes this.
revolution-x is offline  
post #8 of 28 Old 05-10-2014, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterwarf View Post
In spain the 750 starts with 7300 euro and in italy 7800 euro thats expensive!

7800 euro = around $11400 AUD & that's for the 750?

We will pay more than that for the 500!
revolution-x is offline  
post #9 of 28 Old 05-11-2014, 09:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Sherri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 139
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolution-x View Post
You are correct about why we are getting the 500 (LAMS rules etc).I will be very surprised to see the bike hit the showrooms here any lower than $12,000 & even then I doubt it will be a ride away price. Heres hoping I am proven wrong.

Spoke to the dealer where I bought my 500 recently to see if he had any updates on delivery. He mentioned that the 750 may be available here as a special order. No more information available than that I'm afraid.

Did some calculations on the three main accessories I want with the bike as well. Here we go based on conversion to Australian dollars from INR.

Engine guard (black) $261

Screamin Eagle air cleaner kit $101

Nightstick muffler $448

How do these prices seem to you folks in the US?
Can't look up accessories for the Street on Harley's USA website yet. But here are prices for comparable Sportster accessories.

Engine guard $214.95

Screamin Eagle stage 1 air cleaner kit $149.95

Nightstick muffler $329.95
HarleyVest likes this.
Sherri is offline  
post #10 of 28 Old 05-11-2014, 01:48 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Delhi
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Nightstick muffler is cheaper than India


Thanks,
Devender Singh Brar
[email protected]
Sent from my iPhone
dsbrar16 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reason Behind Aggressive pricing for Harley-Davidson Street 750 sunny_sahdev India 29 03-12-2015 10:16 AM
Hello from Australia revolution-x New Members Introduction 11 03-12-2014 08:43 PM
Street 500/Street 750 US Pricing Thread Livin On Harley-Davidson Street Bookings, Dealers & Pricing 3 01-27-2014 09:41 AM
Pricing: Harley-Davidson Street 500 & 750 harleyhoonigan Harley-Davidson Street Bookings, Dealers & Pricing 9 11-14-2013 02:43 PM
Harley Davidson Street 500 and 750 Price / Pricing fkystreet Harley-Davidson Street Bookings, Dealers & Pricing 0 11-11-2013 01:43 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome