Mounting the Screaming Eagle Slip On Exhaust - Harley Davidson Street Forum - Street 500 and 750
User Tag List

2Likes
  • 1 Post By gdeleon
  • 1 Post By Rock270

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 07-19-2015, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Mounting the Screaming Eagle Slip On Exhaust

Anyone having an issue mounting the slip on? Noticed exhaust leaking at the joint. Managed to slip it in up to the point where it stops, but it seems I have not pushed it in enough. Being careful not to damage or scratch the slip on during installation. Tempted to use a rubber mallet to tap it in, but I'll wait for anyone to reply here first. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-19-2015, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdeleon View Post
Anyone having an issue mounting the slip on? Noticed exhaust leaking at the joint. Managed to slip it in up to the point where it stops, but it seems I have not pushed it in enough. Being careful not to damage or scratch the slip on during installation. Tempted to use a rubber mallet to tap it in, but I'll wait for anyone to reply here first. Thanks
I wouldn't use a mallet, i'd try to put it on and off several times and see if after some of the paint is scraped off on the inside, then maybe it'll go on the way you want it. the firebrand I got was the same way, finally it loosened up to where it went on easy, same with the baffle.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-19-2015, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hey thanks. You know I wanted the Firebrand one but they didn't have it on stock and I had to wait a couple of weeks. So I went with the Screaming Eagle.

post #4 of 8 Old 07-19-2015, 11:31 PM

i'm the worst about not wanting to wait, but sometimes I can...and sometimes I have to.

I've heard "that good things come to those that wait".......well, that too sometimes is BS.

that is in direct conflict with the "early bird gets the worm, huh?."
post #5 of 8 Old 07-20-2015, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
UPDATE: I've managed to correctly install the Screaming Eagle Slip On exhaust after removing that piece covering the catalytic converter and exposing the clamp that holds the slip on. I noticed that just inserting the exhaust actually hits a piece of the clamp and would not go all the way in. Correct way would be to get the clamp into the slip on first and then insert it - this should let the slip on go all the way in. Hope this will help others in the future.
Rock270 likes this.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-20-2015, 09:15 PM

Quote:
UPDATE: I've managed to correctly install the Screaming Eagle Slip On exhaust after removing that piece covering the catalytic converter and exposing the clamp that holds the slip on. I noticed that just inserting the exhaust actually hits a piece of the clamp and would not go all the way in. Correct way would be to get the clamp into the slip on first and then insert it - this should let the slip on go all the way in. Hope this will help others in the future.
man your on a roll....good job and explanation to boot!

i'd go buy some lottery tickets if I were you!...
glad to see that things are going good for some one, because the last couple weeks for me have not been good....that's gotta change!
gdeleon likes this.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-21-2015, 02:44 PM

Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Nice! Now take those baffles and end cap out and listen to it roar! They are all allen heads except one which I just used some pliers to remove it. Here is a video of how it sounds. 1st is stock 2nd is ScreamingEagle Nightstick with baffles removed. http://youtu.be/K9SAEIyg1JI

"Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead."
post #8 of 8 Old 07-21-2015, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Did you mean the cap at the end? Yes it actually has one non- allen screw. Will do that this weekend. Thanks.