17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 Old 08-12-2015, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Street 750 Vibration

Anyone else experiencing tingly fingers on long rides from vibration? Everything is fine on my 12 mile drive to work, but on a 160 mile ride on Sunday, I definitely got the tingly hands, and even butt. Never had that happen on any other bike and I've been riding a long long time.

And the seat definitely has comfort issues on long rides too.

David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 08-12-2015, 11:59 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Never noticed any vibration on the handles. Only the foot pegs at about 60MPH.
post #3 of 30 Old 08-13-2015, 06:34 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
my hands start hurting some after riding a while, better grips will help some. my street 750 doesn't vibrate as much as some of my older bikes had though.

and yes, the seat is a 20 mile seat at best for my ol boney butte.
install a gel pad did help some on other bikes I've had. a good aftermarket seat helped even more.

the way I ride now days being retired is all casual local riding, and with frequent stops, so the seat or grip problems don't bother me as much.

for those that ride more and longer I would suggest getting a mustang seat and kury iso grips, and iso pegs that should help a lot for the pains of longer riding on most any bike. also bmw grips have been good to me on my ST1300 too.

post #4 of 30 Old 08-13-2015, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkarcher54 View Post
Anyone else experiencing tingly fingers on long rides from vibration? Everything is fine on my 12 mile drive to work, but on a 160 mile ride on Sunday, I definitely got the tingly hands, and even butt. Never had that happen on any other bike and I've been riding a long long time.

And the seat definitely has comfort issues on long rides too.

David
I experience this regularly, especially after 20-30 minutes and kept trying to adjust my throttle hand in order to get the tingling to go away. No easy to do unless at a stop so I bought the Go Cruise Universal Throttle Lock from Amazon.

Rock270 likes this.
post #5 of 30 Old 08-13-2015, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmsteel View Post
never noticed any vibration on the handles. Only the foot pegs at about 60mph.

same here
Xmsteel likes this.
post #6 of 30 Old 08-13-2015, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The handlebar vibration seem so to be worse above 55mph. Below that is doesn't seem to bother me, but on the freeway at 70 mph or more it gets really noticeable.

I love it other than that. I've had the lag/leap issue a couple of times, and that is quite a shock when it happens.

It seems to have plenty of torque, decent HP and acceleration, and is nice and nimble in traffic and seems to handle well except for the lean angle on really curvy roads.

Corbin has a Gunfighter seat that is leather that i really like and the Vance Hines exhaust has a nice note to it. Those modifications are in my future i think. And the taller factory mirrors.

So far, leather saddlebags and backrest/luggage rack are the only mods.
Rock270 likes this.
post #7 of 30 Old 08-13-2015, 05:25 PM
MGG

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I added a Corbin gunfighter saddle right away. It is pretty good but nothing beats the Airhawk. Harley has it's own Airhawk like seat now. The Road Zepplin:
Motorcycle Seats | Harley-Davidson

Then there are the Kuryakyn grips: You can check on the forum to find out which ones fit but I bought these Grip On grips and love them.

The grab on grips just feel correct to me. I have not been on a 160 mile ride yet. I have been on a 97 mile ride and with these options I did not get any tingling (Maybe a little in my feet every once in a while.) And my but did not get sore or hot. Along with the extension mirrors these are the best products I have added to my bike for comfort.

mgg
Irie, Rock270 and arkarcher54 like this.
post #8 of 30 Old 08-15-2015, 01:30 AM

back in '04 I had corbin make an ostrich full quill custom seat for the bike I was riding at that time. wow, that one was hard as a rock.

within a week I sold it to another forum member for quite a bit less than what I paid for it, (which was over $500.)

I've tried a mustang seat on another one of my bikes years ago too, I did like that one, not too hard nor too soft, had very good support and was pretty comfortable, I thought.

installing a gel pad can also help, I can tell a difference on my other bike that I still have, but rarely ride anymore due to its weight and my bad knees.

anyway, I installed bmw grips on my other bike and they help quite a bit with hand fatigue.
...and kury ISO gips work pretty good too.
post #9 of 30 Old 08-16-2015, 12:25 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Some things to help prevent hand numbness:

Stop death gripping the handlebars

Wear gloves

If you wear cheap gloves, buy gloves with a better palm liner, all are not equal

Add bar end weights

Change to a gel grip
Static07 and Rock270 like this.

The text above is my opinion. Feel free to ignore it. I do.
post #10 of 30 Old 08-16-2015, 01:42 AM

Original Grip Buddies

I have bmw grips on my ST1300.

I am considering trying the grips listed in the above link on my street 750.

currently, our bikes are not listed on that site, but a gentleman from that site informed me that if he had the Inside diameter (7/8" left & 1 1/4" right) of each grip and length of each factory grip they will make grips for our bikes.

I know my bmw grips are far superior to the streets factory grips.
and hand fatigue can really be helped a lot with better grips.

I've had and liked kury grips ok in the past, but not near as much as my bmw grips.

bmw knows how to make bikes comfortable. I will never own one, but I would consider their grips again, if they have them in our size.

but I plan to try the grips listed on the link above.
i'll report back if I do get them and if I like them.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page